Removing dead contacts(mailbox unavailable) from Privacy l..

I have bunch of dead contacts in my Privacy list.
I know that the only way to get rid of those is that those people remove
me from their address book.

Tried to send mail to them.
They all have hotmail.com adress which doesn't exist:
Remote-MTA: DNS; mx4.hotmail.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

So sending removal request is impossible.

http://www.passport.net/Consumer/PrivacyPolicy.asp?PPlcid=1033 says
"If your .NET Passport account was created in an MSN sponsored domain (i.e. @hotmail.com, @WebTV.net, or
@msn.com), your account will be made inaccessible if it remains inactive for 120 days, and any account or
profile information you have provided will be deleted. If you have a .NET Passport account that was not
created in an MSN sponsored domain, your account will be made inaccessible if it remains inactive for 365
days, and any account or profile information you have provided will be deleted."

Doesn't the above mean (if it works in real world?) that their addressbooks are also deleted from messenger
server and therefore my privacy list should be clean?

Or is it more likely that this is some sort of fake or changed email issue?

In any case Microsoft should take care that unused accounts and ghost entries get deleted from messenger
server in reasonable time.
If the account still exist then some sort of Remove Me Please feature would be nice.
1 answer Last reply
More about removing dead contacts mailbox unavailable privacy

    Greetings,

    Hotmail Inboxes close before the Passport's are deleted, they're not directly the same thing.

    Old Passports are only removed when they're inactive. So, I may use a Hotmail Passport but
    never actually go into Hotmail anymore (so my Inbox has long since been closed) but I'm still
    using it for MSN Games and therefore the Passport is still active, won't be removed and will
    still show up in Messenger under the privacy tab.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    <noname@nodomain.invalid> wrote in message news:17s561hcprdisme4cr8b89gbq4d3vjnane@4ax.com...
    >I have bunch of dead contacts in my Privacy list.
    > I know that the only way to get rid of those is that those people remove
    > me from their address book.
    >
    > Tried to send mail to them.
    > They all have hotmail.com adress which doesn't exist:
    > Remote-MTA: DNS; mx4.hotmail.com
    > Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
    >
    > So sending removal request is impossible.
    >
    > http://www.passport.net/Consumer/PrivacyPolicy.asp?PPlcid=1033 says
    > "If your .NET Passport account was created in an MSN sponsored domain (i.e. @hotmail.com,
    > @WebTV.net, or
    > @msn.com), your account will be made inaccessible if it remains inactive for 120 days, and
    > any account or
    > profile information you have provided will be deleted. If you have a .NET Passport account
    > that was not
    > created in an MSN sponsored domain, your account will be made inaccessible if it remains
    > inactive for 365
    > days, and any account or profile information you have provided will be deleted."
    >
    > Doesn't the above mean (if it works in real world?) that their addressbooks are also
    > deleted from messenger
    > server and therefore my privacy list should be clean?
    >
    > Or is it more likely that this is some sort of fake or changed email issue?
    >
    > In any case Microsoft should take care that unused accounts and ghost entries get deleted
    > from messenger
    > server in reasonable time.
    > If the account still exist then some sort of Remove Me Please feature would be nice.

Hotmail Privacy Windows XP