G

"With the launch of the KT333, the KT266A will become a thing of the past - you simply won't want to miss out on all the new features such as ATA/133, USB 2.0 or DDR333 support."

That´s just such a big crock of S**t that I can hardly believe it. For starters You can run DDR 333 memory on a 266 board and oc the fsb. Wich is what you have to do anyway with 333 board since Athlons only support 133fsb. ATA 133: Didn´t THG just turn that thing down like in just a few hours ago. Who writes this things anyway it certainly can´t be Tom since he´s always been careful not to contradict himself. From what I have heard they have huge problems with the DDR 400 modules, wich is supposed to replace the 333 standard in like Q3 or something. Why are companies like Via, Nvida etc hurting their own product line and making products that work fine obsolete even before any software makes full use of it?

The truth is that AMD probably won´t introduce a 166 fsb until the 64bit Clawhammer series is due out in late Q4. That will however mean a new socket and thus all little poor people with 333 boards will have bought the pig...

FatBurger

Illustrious
Every article has the author listed on the side, please email them with comments. They will not reply to posts here, and this has been discussed quite a bit already.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

G

i completely agree with you quno

thats definitely a big crock of s**t

TRENDING THREADS