Audio with MSN Messenger

I've at long last got my web cam working with MSN but can't get any audio
anymore. I used to be able to, could it be Zone Alarm? I use Zone Alarm
Pro. I've tried testing it through that wizard thing and clicking on 'audio'
but nothing doing. I think I shuld stick to Skype, get more of a result that
way.
2 answers Last reply
More about audio messenger

    Don't give up, Katy. Persevere. Messenger sounds a lot
    better than Skype, and the video is quite good. Find out
    why the audio isn't working; read the archives for this
    newgroup of a month or two ago, and you'll find quite
    a few potential reasons. The last one that popped up
    was that there is a "Mute" checkmark hidden in a dropdown,
    that needs to be unchecked. Good luck.

    Katy wrote:
    > I've at long last got my web cam working with MSN but can't get any audio
    > anymore. I used to be able to, could it be Zone Alarm? I use Zone Alarm
    > Pro. I've tried testing it through that wizard thing and clicking on 'audio'
    > but nothing doing. I think I shuld stick to Skype, get more of a result that
    > way.

    Thanks, it's sorted now both the web cam and audio, I think it was the fact
    that I wasn't speaking close enough to the mic., you'd be surprise what a
    difference it can make.

    "billurie@nospam.org" wrote:

    > Don't give up, Katy. Persevere. Messenger sounds a lot
    > better than Skype, and the video is quite good. Find out
    > why the audio isn't working; read the archives for this
    > newgroup of a month or two ago, and you'll find quite
    > a few potential reasons. The last one that popped up
    > was that there is a "Mute" checkmark hidden in a dropdown,
    > that needs to be unchecked. Good luck.
    >
    > Katy wrote:
    > > I've at long last got my web cam working with MSN but can't get any audio
    > > anymore. I used to be able to, could it be Zone Alarm? I use Zone Alarm
    > > Pro. I've tried testing it through that wizard thing and clicking on 'audio'
    > > but nothing doing. I think I shuld stick to Skype, get more of a result that
    > > way.

Audio MSN Messenger Windows XP