New Enermax case flashes on and off quickly

G

Hi, I've been building a computer and with my last case (which was very cheap) I had poor air circulation and sagging voltages. So I just bought a new Enermax case off the internet with a 300w enermax powersupply. I also got 2 enermax temp. control fans with it. So i took the other one apart, slapped this one together, I turn it on, and as soon as I hit the power supply switch (not the power button on the front) no monitor imagine comes up, no beeps, fans are all going, and the led's are all flashing. Hitting the reset and power buttons do nothing. I even ran it with the case open and the ddr voltage light flashes as well. I've reset the bios and no results. Also, I unplugged all the LED and switch cables and still same results. Is this a problem with my power supply, motherboard or cpu? The computer worked in the cheapo case, but not in this one. I may have broke something, but I want to know if its the power supply or not. I will probably end up putting it back in the old case, but thats a lot of work and I want to get this working anyways. Any suggestions of solutions or even what's wrong? Also, there is a 3 pin fan cable coming out of the power supply, I tried both connecting it to one of the fan outlets on the board and connecting it to a adapter that connects to one of the power cables from the power supply. Thank you, Nathan Greco.

Sorry, Neglected to show whats in it..
1.2ghz thunderbird (266)
radeon 7500
256mb of 266 ddr ram
Soltek SL-75DRV2
value soundblaster live soundcard
netgear 10/100 lan card
a cd-rw and a dvd-rom
300w enermax power supply (no adjustable fan or anything)
2 temp controlled fans
60g maxtor 7200rpm 100<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by fullofquestions on 03/06/02 06:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

well friends, I was looking at it and I thought, "man, I really don't want to take that alll apart again." So you know what i did? I thought out of the CASE. Not the box, case. I took my old el cheapo case, opened it up and sat it next to the new case, and connected the old power supply into the mother board in the new case. Pretty clever? Well when i turned it on nothing happened, which is a good thing because with the enermax case it was flashing and going crazy and stuff when I turned it on, so i'm going to put in the old power supply, instead of putting everything into the old case, and ship the power supply back to them. I got it off of ebay, and i've learned my lesson about computer equiment off of ebay. I got a Asus piec-0-[-peep-] motherboard off their too.

I take it back, with this power supply, noting happens, Still open to suggestions.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by fullofquestions on 03/06/02 06:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

btw, whats an atx 12v connector? never used one in my other case.

My parents warned me to wear earplugs when shooting a rifle, but never using my computer.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It sounds to me like an assembly error. You most likely have a standoff shorting your board. Fix it. If there are any standoffs toching the board where there are no holes, you've found your problem. The ATX12v connector is for P4 motherboards, and is unused on yours.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?