Exchnage based MSN

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Whats the latest version of Messneger to support Exchange? My corporate
IT used to send out 4.7, but have now stopped listed it for install.
I've also seen a 5.x version too

Most of my clients are XP based, with whatever version comes with XP SP2
or IE6 (I forget the version ids), but these don't support Exchange.

If I install 5.x or 4.7 out to these machines, will it mess them up?
Would WSUS force them back up to "latest" version?

If you can list the download site for the Exchange version I'd
appreciate it.

Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings Adrian,

The latest is Windows Messenger 5.1:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774

5.1 is an upgrade from 4.x clients (that come with Windows), so that's not an issue.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Whats the latest version of Messneger to support Exchange? My corporate IT used to send
> out 4.7, but have now stopped listed it for install. I've also seen a 5.x version too
>
> Most of my clients are XP based, with whatever version comes with XP SP2 or IE6 (I forget
> the version ids), but these don't support Exchange.
>
> If I install 5.x or 4.7 out to these machines, will it mess them up? Would WSUS force them
> back up to "latest" version?
>
> If you can list the download site for the Exchange version I'd appreciate it.
>
> Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Jonathan,

Which version comes with XP ? And IE6?
Can install 5.1 onto onto machines with XP/IE6 ?

Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
> Greetings Adrian,
>
> The latest is Windows Messenger 5.1:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
>
> 5.1 is an upgrade from 4.x clients (that come with Windows), so that's not an issue.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>
>>Whats the latest version of Messneger to support Exchange? My corporate IT used to send
>>out 4.7, but have now stopped listed it for install. I've also seen a 5.x version too
>>
>>Most of my clients are XP based, with whatever version comes with XP SP2 or IE6 (I forget
>>the version ids), but these don't support Exchange.
>>
>>If I install 5.x or 4.7 out to these machines, will it mess them up? Would WSUS force them
>>back up to "latest" version?
>>
>>If you can list the download site for the Exchange version I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi Adrian,

XP comes with various versions of 4.x and various versions of IE6 (all dependant on what
service pack is installed). 5.1 will install on any Windows 2000 or XP installation.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <marsh_removeme_@lucent.com> wrote in message
> Jonathan,
>
> Which version comes with XP ? And IE6?
> Can install 5.1 onto onto machines with XP/IE6 ?
>
> Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
>> Greetings Adrian,
>>
>> The latest is Windows Messenger 5.1:
>> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
>>
>> 5.1 is an upgrade from 4.x clients (that come with Windows), so that's not an issue.
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>
>> "Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Whats the latest version of Messneger to support Exchange? My corporate IT used to send
>>>out 4.7, but have now stopped listed it for install. I've also seen a 5.x version too
>>>
>>>Most of my clients are XP based, with whatever version comes with XP SP2 or IE6 (I forget
>>>the version ids), but these don't support Exchange.
>>>
>>>If I install 5.x or 4.7 out to these machines, will it mess them up? Would WSUS force them
>>>back up to "latest" version?
>>>
>>>If you can list the download site for the Exchange version I'd appreciate it.
>>>
>>>Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

which version of WinXP are you running?
w or w/o the service packs?

"Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <marsh_removeme_@lucent.com> wrote in message
> Jonathan,
>
> Which version comes with XP ? And IE6?
> Can install 5.1 onto onto machines with XP/IE6 ?
>
> Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
>> Greetings Adrian,
>>
>> The latest is Windows Messenger 5.1:
>> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
>>
>> 5.1 is an upgrade from 4.x clients (that come with Windows), so that's not an
>> issue.
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>
>> "Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Whats the latest version of Messneger to support Exchange? My corporate IT
>>>used to send out 4.7, but have now stopped listed it for install. I've also
>>>seen a 5.x version too
>>>
>>>Most of my clients are XP based, with whatever version comes with XP SP2 or
>>>IE6 (I forget the version ids), but these don't support Exchange.
>>>
>>>If I install 5.x or 4.7 out to these machines, will it mess them up? Would
>>>WSUS force them back up to "latest" version?
>>>
>>>If you can list the download site for the Exchange version I'd appreciate it.
>>>
>>>Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

XP Sp2, latest cumulative patches.

I want to deploy messenger via Active Directory - any msi version?

D@annyBoy wrote:
> which version of WinXP are you running?
> w or w/o the service packs?
>

> "Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <marsh_removeme_@lucent.com> wrote in message
>
>>Jonathan,
>>
>>Which version comes with XP ? And IE6?
>>Can install 5.1 onto onto machines with XP/IE6 ?
>>
>>Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
>>
>>>Greetings Adrian,
>>>
>>>The latest is Windows Messenger 5.1:
>>>http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
>>>
>>>5.1 is an upgrade from 4.x clients (that come with Windows), so that's not an
>>>issue.
>>>____________________________________________
>>>Jonathan Kay
>>>Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
>>>Associate Expert
>>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>>>Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>>>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>>You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>>>
>>>"Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Jonathan,

I was using Messenger Plus, but after I install Microsoft spyware, there was
found spyware in messenger plus, and then I uninstall the messenger plus.

What do you think about it?

Regards

"Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" wrote:

> Whats the latest version of Messneger to support Exchange? My corporate
> IT used to send out 4.7, but have now stopped listed it for install.
> I've also seen a 5.x version too
>
> Most of my clients are XP based, with whatever version comes with XP SP2
> or IE6 (I forget the version ids), but these don't support Exchange.
>
> If I install 5.x or 4.7 out to these machines, will it mess them up?
> Would WSUS force them back up to "latest" version?
>
> If you can list the download site for the Exchange version I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi Darlie,

There is no spyware in Messenger Plus -unless- you install the sponsor. Unfortunately, some
spyware tools like Microsoft AntiSpyware simply look for Plus and mark it as adware (even if
the sponsor isn't installed).