I plan on getting the Asus 415 D Nforce w/o sound

G

It seems real good and just as good as the kt266 or whatever, as well as $30 or more cheaper.

I found one for $110, I was just wondering people's opinions on this new 415 nforce chipset and if I will be able to use a thoroughbred on it.

thanks

FatBurger

Illustrious
The Epox 8KHA+ (KT266a) is $99, for one. I don't know why you say "$30 or more cheaper".

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

FatBurger

Illustrious
So you looked at one brand and said that all of them were more expensive?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

G

ok you picky weirdo haha, where did I say ALL were to expensive or even anything was to expensive?, as I've told you, I'm only talking about the ASUS brand motherboard, I might not have made that perfectly clear in my first post, I thought I did when I replied but I guess not. So all I was comparing was the ASUS Kt266 chipset boards and the ASUS Nforce 415 D board that just came out

G

or have I stepped into the sarcasm? nooooooooooooooooo damn youuuuuuuuuu fat burger damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu nooooooooooooooooooooo

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the A7N266-C is IMO a good board with pretty decent audio option. I would suggest you go for the sound, its a self contained APU (Audio Processing Unit) against those crappy AC97 ones and is Dolby Digital certified! guess its better than most of the onboard audio options avaialable!

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>