Can't Sign in to SIP Windows Messenger 5.1

Tonight when I tried to sign in to Windows Messenger 5.1 using SIP I get the
error message: "Signing in to SIP Communications Service failed because your
computer clock is not properly set. Please check in the Windows Control Panel
to see if the date and time are adjusted for daylight savings and the correct
time zone." I have checked my time settings and they are correct. Does anyone
know what to do for this problem?

It could be, that the "time settings" onto the LCS are wrong!
Or you have the wrong timezone...
regards marco

"falconerz" wrote:

> Tonight when I tried to sign in to Windows Messenger 5.1 using SIP I get the
> error message: "Signing in to SIP Communications Service failed because your
> computer clock is not properly set. Please check in the Windows Control Panel
> to see if the date and time are adjusted for daylight savings and the correct
> time zone." I have checked my time settings and they are correct. Does anyone
> know what to do for this problem?

Thanks Marco,
I checked the time zone setting & that's correct. What is LCS?

"caraweb" wrote:

> It could be, that the "time settings" onto the LCS are wrong!
> Or you have the wrong timezone...
> regards marco
>
> "falconerz" wrote:
>
> > Tonight when I tried to sign in to Windows Messenger 5.1 using SIP I get the
> > error message: "Signing in to SIP Communications Service failed because your
> > computer clock is not properly set. Please check in the Windows Control Panel
> > to see if the date and time are adjusted for daylight savings and the correct
> > time zone." I have checked my time settings and they are correct. Does anyone
> > know what to do for this problem?

LCS is the Microsoft Live Communications server that your Windows Messenger
client "Talks" through when you use the SIP protocol. In DNS there is a
record that points all SIP traffice to a specific server so, there's really
no way as a client to find out the name of the LCS server.

"falconerz" wrote:

> Tonight when I tried to sign in to Windows Messenger 5.1 using SIP I get the
> error message: "Signing in to SIP Communications Service failed because your
> computer clock is not properly set. Please check in the Windows Control Panel
> to see if the date and time are adjusted for daylight savings and the correct
> time zone." I have checked my time settings and they are correct. Does anyone
> know what to do for this problem?

Actually, a client can find out the name of the server in some cases. It
takes a little work, but it can be done.

However, I figure that faolconerz has just checked the SIP box, but does not
have a SIP server.