use MSN instead of WM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

using OL2003
is it possible via a reg hack to use MSN instead of WM?

tia

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings,

No, it will just work assuming Windows Messenger isn't started. There's nothing to hack.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> using OL2003
> is it possible via a reg hack to use MSN instead of WM?
>
> tia

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

what OS and browser, antivirus, firewall, processes running in the
background,
blah blah blah are you running?

"D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> using OL2003
> is it possible via a reg hack to use MSN instead of WM?
>
> tia

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

just wondering whether choose a default instant messaging problem would help
under Set program Access and defaults

> Greetings,
>
> No, it will just work assuming Windows Messenger isn't started. There's
> nothing to hack.
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
>
> "D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> using OL2003
>> is it possible via a reg hack to use MSN instead of WM?
>>
>> tia

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Help what Dan?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> just wondering whether choose a default instant messaging problem would
> help under Set program Access and defaults
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> No, it will just work assuming Windows Messenger isn't started. There's
>> nothing to hack.
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
>> Associate Expert
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>
>> "D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> using OL2003
>>> is it possible via a reg hack to use MSN instead of WM?
>>>
>>> tia

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

want to use MSN with OL2003 instead of WM, but I guess it is not possible...

> Help what Dan?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> "D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> just wondering whether choose a default instant messaging problem would help
>> under Set program Access and defaults
>>
>> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> No, it will just work assuming Windows Messenger isn't started. There's
>>> nothing to hack.
>>> Jonathan Kay
>>> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
>>> Associate Expert
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>>> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>>>
>>> "D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

looking into my crystal ball, I see a kid in distress with split personality
time to see a doctor

OK will provide free diapers if you need them. just in case you pee into your
system and blame MS

"So What" <SoWhat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> what OS and browser, antivirus, firewall, processes running in the
> background,
> blah blah blah are you running?
>

> "D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
>> using OL2003
>> is it possible via a reg hack to use MSN instead of WM?
>>
>> tia

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Windows Messenger seems to be impossible to close though, the process opens
itself all the time.

This is not a virus either as it is reproducable

Brendan Runeckles

> Greetings,
>
> No, it will just work assuming Windows Messenger isn't started. There's
> nothing to hack.
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
>
> "D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> using OL2003
>> is it possible via a reg hack to use MSN instead of WM?
>>
>> tia

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi Brendan,

If it appears to be opening itself all the time then their is an application starting it. Do
you have Norton Antivirus installed? Recent versions of Norton Antivirus added a new
"instant messaging scanning" feature, which can conflict with Messenger and cause it to also
keep starting. To stop it, open Norton Antivirus (Right-click on the Norton Antivirus icon in
the System Tray/Notification Area (by the clock), choose 'Open Norton Antivirus'), click
Options, then Instant Messenger then uncheck MSN Instant Messenger or Windows Messenger
(depending on version) and click OK.