CAD_roxors

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
I am currently gaming on my PC and I love it. I have a ps2 and used to game more on that but dont much anymore. I run with a radeon 9550, athalon `1800+ and 512 ram on a 17" CRT moniter. Games usualy run at 1024x768 at around 30fps.

I really wanna upgrade my comp, but its completely maxed out, if I upgraded one thing I'd have to jst upgrade everything else, which means a completely new computer. So I thought that buying an XBOX360 for $400 would be alot cheaper than getting a completely new comp, since mine works just fine now for everything else, just not so much for gaming. Unfortunaly i only have a 30"TV and its not High Def. Does it still look good enuff without the high def to make it a worthy upgrade? should I upgrade and worry about my TV later? I'm just not sure its worth the price if its not HD, but I'm not THAT picky...I mean I'll be moving from 30fps to 60 for COD2, and teh rez is a ton better.

Is it a worthwhile upgrade? (b/c I really dont want to stay where I am gaming wise)

dhlucke

Polypheme
You'll have to decide. You'll be limited by your TV and you'll be limited by the fact that you'll have to spend money on new games for the console. So it's not just a $400 investment.

I don't know exactly what TV you have but it's probably going to give you a resolution of 512x400 if it's an analog TV.

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
To get the most out of the 360 you'll need to spend more on a hi-def TV than you will on the console. There's your biggest choice... if you feel like investing in HDTV anyways then it simplifies things a bit.

CAD_roxors

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
I realize I'm gonna have to spend more than 400 bucks, but I'm trading in my PS2 and quite a few games, so with a few mor bucks I'll be able to get a game and another controller. Is there anywhere to see a comparison btwn high def and normal Xbox360 gaming? LIke some screenshots or something?