Johnathan?? >> IS MS snooping on us?

according to this page AOL (AIM AND ICQ) can snoop on your
Instant messages, what about MSN Messanger and microsoft?

http://www.aunty-spam.com/all-your-aim-chats-are-belong-to-us-aol-new-aim-terms-of-service-waives-all-privacy-aol-can-publish-your-chats/

Anything you send over the internet can be extracted. Files are kept on many
servers for a minimum of 30 days before they are rolled out. Anyone with a
mind to, who has physical access to those servers, can read your messages.
Wonder what the night crew does on a slow and boring night.

BTW: With a court order the police can also read these messages, e-mails
etc. And it's not just Microsoft. Any ISP does the same.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> according to this page AOL (AIM AND ICQ) can snoop on your
> Instant messages, what about MSN Messanger and microsoft?
>
> http://www.aunty-spam.com/all-your-aim-chats-are-belong-to-us-aol-new-aim-terms-of-service-waives-all-privacy-aol-can-publish-your-chats/

Greetings Kenny,

Actually AOL changed this due to the press it got, but anyway, from the Messenger Terms of
Use:

We consider your use of the Service, including the content of your communications, to be
private. We do not routinely monitor your communications or disclose information about your
communications to anyone. However, we may monitor your communications and disclose
information about you, including the content of your communications, if we consider it
necessary to: (1) comply with the law or to respond to legal process; (2) ensure your
compliance with this contract; or (3) protect the rights, property, or interests of
Microsoft, its employees, its customers, or the public.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> according to this page AOL (AIM AND ICQ) can snoop on your
> Instant messages, what about MSN Messanger and microsoft?
>
> http://www.aunty-spam.com/all-your-aim-chats-are-belong-to-us-aol-new-aim-terms-of-service-waives-all-privacy-aol-can-publish-your-chats/

I doubt Johnathan would know
YES you are right
MSN messenger can scoop and record your messages
and MS installed a webcam system inside and outside your house
in fact MS bug your phone as well

feeling better now?

PS I seriously doubt that MS is going to use her financial resources to bug MSN
users
MS is a corporation where profits is the target
and not scooping users

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> according to this page AOL (AIM AND ICQ) can snoop on your
> Instant messages, what about MSN Messanger and microsoft?
>
> http://www.aunty-spam.com/all-your-aim-chats-are-belong-to-us-aol-new-aim-terms-of-service-waives-all-privacy-aol-can-publish-your-chats/

I read all of the threads. Google around the web and look for the words FBI
and Carnivore. Though the government has not released anything official for
sniffing and reassembling SIP traffic, it would not be hard for them to get
a system which would do this up and running.

Then again, if I were the FBI, I would just buy some COTS software from
IMLogic and toss that at the perimeter (after obtaining a court order, of
course).

Bob
"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> according to this page AOL (AIM AND ICQ) can snoop on your
> Instant messages, what about MSN Messanger and microsoft?
>
> http://www.aunty-spam.com/all-your-aim-chats-are-belong-to-us-aol-new-aim-terms-of-service-waives-all-privacy-aol-can-publish-your-chats/

many still think that sending an email is similar to send a fax
when sending an email, it goes through many servers
anyone with authorised access can easily retrieve a message using the headers

Bob Christian wrote in news:ulDyCUKSFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
>I read all of the threads. Google around the web and look for the words FBI
>and Carnivore. Though the government has not released anything official for
>sniffing and reassembling SIP traffic, it would not be hard for them to get a
>system which would do this up and running.
>
> Then again, if I were the FBI, I would just buy some COTS software from
> IMLogic and toss that at the perimeter (after obtaining a court order, of
> course).
>
> Bob
> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>> according to this page AOL (AIM AND ICQ) can snoop on your
>> Instant messages, what about MSN Messanger and microsoft?
>>
>> http://www.aunty-spam.com/all-your-aim-chats-are-belong-to-us-aol-new-aim-ter
>> ms-of-service-waives-all-privacy-aol-can-publish-your-chats/

Don't forget all the switches and routers that it goes over as well. All
you need to do is toss up a sniffer, packet assembler, and filter on port
25. Again, one needs the aforementioned access.

Bob