Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Healing

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 4:23:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Hi , i am new to Daoc and hace just started an armsman char , i have read
that after a fight you sit down to rest and heal but is there any way to
heal during combat , i have been fighting a monster then 1 of his mates
joins in and that it is it game over :(  is there any way i can help myself?
i played ultima for 5 years and you can use bandages and potions while
fighting .

Thanks Smiffy
--


---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are you still wasting your time with spam?...
There is a solution!"

Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
The most powerful anti-spam software available.
http://mail.spaminspector.com

More about : healing

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 4:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

You can use potions, however.... if you just started they're too expensive
to use. And it's never really practical to use them all the time unless
you've got gold to burn. Some classes have the ability to use a heal
chant in combat (Paladin) and other classes have healing spells. Try
teaming up with some other people if you're having trouble soloing.

Travis Smith

"anthony smith" <Sitting@home.net> wrote in message
news:FQC%c.56$0Y2.36@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
>
> Hi , i am new to Daoc and hace just started an armsman char , i have read
> that after a fight you sit down to rest and heal but is there any way to
> heal during combat , i have been fighting a monster then 1 of his mates
> joins in and that it is it game over :(  is there any way i can help
myself?
> i played ultima for 5 years and you can use bandages and potions while
> fighting .
>
> Thanks Smiffy
> --
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> "Are you still wasting your time with spam?...
> There is a solution!"
>
> Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
> The most powerful anti-spam software available.
> http://mail.spaminspector.com
>
>
>
September 8, 2004 4:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

"anthony smith" <Sitting@home.net> wrote in message
news:FQC%c.56$0Y2.36@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
>
> Hi , i am new to Daoc and hace just started an armsman char , i have read
> that after a fight you sit down to rest and heal but is there any way to
> heal during combat , i have been fighting a monster then 1 of his mates
> joins in and that it is it game over :(  is there any way i can help
myself?
> i played ultima for 5 years and you can use bandages and potions while
> fighting .
>
> Thanks Smiffy
> --
>

As a basic answer to your question, No. There are potions, and other things
that can be purchased with Realm Bounty Points that you can use, but they
are not cheap in the least.

There is something you can do that is different in DAoC that most other
games did not have, that is the ability to Sprint. If you have any
endurance left (the green bar below your health bar) then you should be able
to sprint out of the monsters reach and keep running for help, a guard or
another group. Sprint is bindable to a key, so that you can save the hotkey
space. Go into the keyboard config on startup and you can remap sprint to
any key you like. I used to use "\" above the enter key.

They key here though is your endurance. If you have styled yourself to
empty on endurance, then this will be useless to you. That however is one
of the decisions a melee player needs to make, "Do I keep styling or do I
save some endurance for sprinting?"

I hope that helps a little.

Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry on Guinevere (At least I was)
Related resources
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 7:04:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Hi,

DAoC is not really set up to be played solo by melee classes. Paladin is
barely able to heal in a fight, and they're the ONLY melee who can do
anything. DAoC provides for this need in having healing classes, in your
realm (Albion), the Friar and Cleric. Each have their advantages and
disadvantages. Friars fight better, but wear only leather. They don't
have as many "buffs" (stat enhancers). Cleric wear chain at 20, and have
about double the buffs of a Friar, but can barely keep themselves alive in
a fight against a blue mob (ie, a monster a level below yours).

Now, there are two ways to get this help. First, and the preferred Mythic
solution, is to find Friars or Clerics to group with. You do that by
using the LGF (Looking For Group) buttons on the Group Window, the
furthest right one in the upper right set. Or you can do like I get way
too frequently, spam toon names in the class. "Wanna group in
(location)?" That's my favorite while I'm crafting in Housing! <g>

The other way is if your cpu has enough horsepower to run two accounts.
You need 512 RAM AT A MINIMUM. You need a processor faster than the
minimum required. Or, you do like I do, you have a second computer. The
current description for doing any of these methods is called "botting".

Anyhow, if you (or anyone else) is on Alb Igraine, I would be happy to
group with you. I have every class of toon.

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, anthony smith wrote:

>
> Hi , i am new to Daoc and hace just started an armsman char , i have read
> that after a fight you sit down to rest and heal but is there any way to
> heal during combat , i have been fighting a monster then 1 of his mates
> joins in and that it is it game over :(  is there any way i can help myself?
> i played ultima for 5 years and you can use bandages and potions while
> fighting .
>
> Thanks Smiffy
> --
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> "Are you still wasting your time with spam?...
> There is a solution!"
>
> Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
> The most powerful anti-spam software available.
> http://mail.spaminspector.com
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 12:19:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Or try a realm other than the noobs choice of albion.

Bonedancers in Midgard have healer pets and can solo admirably against
oranges.

Or try Enchanter in Hibernia. Healer pet there too, although 'focus' is
apparently getting a nerf soon (or has if you are on yank servers)

Even at the low levels before you get the fancy pets they are easy enough to
level with the guard task quests.

Good Luck

Gunnr
Hunter 50
Mid/Prydwen
September 10, 2004 1:16:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

"David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
news:p ine.A41.4.61.0409091442190.61036@homer11.u.washington.edu...
> Hi,
>
> DAoC is not really set up to be played solo by melee classes. Paladin is
> barely able to heal in a fight, and they're the ONLY melee who can do
> anything.

<snipped some good information>

While, yes, a Paladin is the only melee who can do anything to say that they
are "barely able to heal in a fight" is not totally accurate. A Paladin who
specializes in Shield use and has a high skill in Chants can solo some very
impressive opponents. Mobs that are purple to him will die (particularly if
the opponent is weak to the Paladin's damage type, Slash, Crush, or Thrust,
and against Plate armor). It will take a very long time, but the Paladin
will live and most likely be full in Health, Mana and Endurance at the end
of the fight. I fought as a two hand thrust Paladin, odd choice, but boy
did I hit those Midgard Healers hard, their chain armor is weak versus my
thrust damage type, and I enjoyed having no one to compete against when it
came to rolling for loot in Sidi Raids.

It is partially accurate only because at the lower levels the balance
between Weapon, Shield, and Chant skills is off and blocking attacks,
healing damage, and dealing damage do not work any where near as well as at
higher levels. But even at lower levels it will work.

Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry on Guinevere (or so I was)
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 3:21:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Hi,

Definitely agreed. I wrote my suggestions based on the assumption he
wanted to continue with his original Alb melee toon.

One bit of warning about bonedancers (BDs). They don't get the Healer pet
until 18, and you have to level the spell line (Suppression?) to 18 to get
it. So, at the lowbie levels, a BD isn't much better than a solo melee.

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Gunnr wrote:

> Or try a realm other than the noobs choice of albion.
>
> Bonedancers in Midgard have healer pets and can solo admirably against
> oranges.
>
> Or try Enchanter in Hibernia. Healer pet there too, although 'focus' is
> apparently getting a nerf soon (or has if you are on yank servers)
>
> Even at the low levels before you get the fancy pets they are easy enough to
> level with the guard task quests.
>
> Good Luck
>
> Gunnr
> Hunter 50
> Mid/Prydwen
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 3:43:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Hi,

Agreed. What I meant by my "barely able to heal" is that they can only
have it go off in the pulses (I avoided the twisting component for the
time being). It isn't like a casting healer where you can pick and
choose when, who, and how much.

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Scott wrote:

> "David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> news:p ine.A41.4.61.0409091442190.61036@homer11.u.washington.edu...
>> Hi,
>>
>> DAoC is not really set up to be played solo by melee classes. Paladin is
>> barely able to heal in a fight, and they're the ONLY melee who can do
>> anything.
>
> <snipped some good information>
>
> While, yes, a Paladin is the only melee who can do anything to say that they
> are "barely able to heal in a fight" is not totally accurate. A Paladin who
> specializes in Shield use and has a high skill in Chants can solo some very
> impressive opponents. Mobs that are purple to him will die (particularly if
> the opponent is weak to the Paladin's damage type, Slash, Crush, or Thrust,
> and against Plate armor). It will take a very long time, but the Paladin
> will live and most likely be full in Health, Mana and Endurance at the end
> of the fight. I fought as a two hand thrust Paladin, odd choice, but boy
> did I hit those Midgard Healers hard, their chain armor is weak versus my
> thrust damage type, and I enjoyed having no one to compete against when it
> came to rolling for loot in Sidi Raids.
>
> It is partially accurate only because at the lower levels the balance
> between Weapon, Shield, and Chant skills is off and blocking attacks,
> healing damage, and dealing damage do not work any where near as well as at
> higher levels. But even at lower levels it will work.
>
> Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry on Guinevere (or so I was)
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 12:58:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Another one I have been made aware of, and although probably not what you
want to play I thought it worth mentioning, is Healer in Midgard.

Although not offensive, an Aug spec Healer can literally have high cons
knocking themselves to bits on the Healer as he has good damage sheild and
self buff damage add. A friend has just specced this way and I was honestly
dumbfounded by the results.

"David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
news:p ine.A41.4.61.0409101123200.91958@homer09.u.washington.edu...
> Hi,
>
> Agreed. What I meant by my "barely able to heal" is that they can only
> have it go off in the pulses (I avoided the twisting component for the
> time being). It isn't like a casting healer where you can pick and
> choose when, who, and how much.
>
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Scott wrote:
>
> > "David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> > news:p ine.A41.4.61.0409091442190.61036@homer11.u.washington.edu...
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> DAoC is not really set up to be played solo by melee classes. Paladin
is
> >> barely able to heal in a fight, and they're the ONLY melee who can do
> >> anything.
> >
> > <snipped some good information>
> >
> > While, yes, a Paladin is the only melee who can do anything to say that
they
> > are "barely able to heal in a fight" is not totally accurate. A Paladin
who
> > specializes in Shield use and has a high skill in Chants can solo some
very
> > impressive opponents. Mobs that are purple to him will die
(particularly if
> > the opponent is weak to the Paladin's damage type, Slash, Crush, or
Thrust,
> > and against Plate armor). It will take a very long time, but the
Paladin
> > will live and most likely be full in Health, Mana and Endurance at the
end
> > of the fight. I fought as a two hand thrust Paladin, odd choice, but
boy
> > did I hit those Midgard Healers hard, their chain armor is weak versus
my
> > thrust damage type, and I enjoyed having no one to compete against when
it
> > came to rolling for loot in Sidi Raids.
> >
> > It is partially accurate only because at the lower levels the balance
> > between Weapon, Shield, and Chant skills is off and blocking attacks,
> > healing damage, and dealing damage do not work any where near as well as
at
> > higher levels. But even at lower levels it will work.
> >
> > Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry on Guinevere (or so I was)
> >
> >
> >
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 4:29:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

"anthony smith" <Sitting@home.net> wrote in message news:<FQC%c.56$0Y2.36@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>...
> Hi , i am new to Daoc and hace just started an armsman char , i have read
> that after a fight you sit down to rest and heal but is there any way to
> heal during combat , i have been fighting a monster then 1 of his mates
> joins in and that it is it game over :(  is there any way i can help myself?
> i played ultima for 5 years and you can use bandages and potions while
> fighting .
>
> Thanks Smiffy

There are realm abilities you can get (first aid, ignore pain). But
better solution is to join a group.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 7:55:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Stush wrote:

> "anthony smith" <Sitting@home.net> wrote in message news:<FQC%c.56$0Y2.36@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>...
>> Hi , i am new to Daoc and hace just started an armsman char , i have read
>> that after a fight you sit down to rest and heal but is there any way to
>> heal during combat , i have been fighting a monster then 1 of his mates
>> joins in and that it is it game over :(  is there any way i can help myself?
>> i played ultima for 5 years and you can use bandages and potions while
>> fighting .
>>
>> Thanks Smiffy
>
> There are realm abilities you can get (first aid, ignore pain). But
> better solution is to join a group.
>
Just think how long you have to RvR in BGs to get those. Both are what, 5
RP each? That's a lotta keep-taking (with attached dying).

Mythic designed it for you to learn grouping early and often. Why do you
think they have the Form A Group quest straight out of the box? <g>
!