*OT* Good power supply brands?

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
antec and enermax are good....cant think of anymore

<b><A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2932776" target="_new">P4 + DDR333</A>=<font color=blue>OK</font color=blue></b>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
My 430W Enermax Whisper is an excellent cooler, quiet and can handle a lot of components.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i couldnt get that same power supply to boot an msi nforce with a duron 900, with no drives plugged in! maybe the nforce draws a lot of power.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

G

I have the same make/model. By far the *best* PSU I've ever had. As a result, I can now OC to nearly 2100+ on my AXP 1900+ system. Of course, having a Swifty MC462 helps a LOT in that endeavor.

bluzbrother

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
The first step to getting a good power supply is knowing you need a good one... congratulations on passing step 1.

Maximum PC had some interesting points about what to look for in a power supply. Obviously they highly recomended PC power & cooling but Enermax, Antec, Sparkle, and so on I'm sure are perfectly fine. One interesting point though was that you will notice better quality power supplies almost always wiegh more than cheap ones... which is pretty logical when you think about what components a P.S. consists of. The only bad experience I've heard of with power supplies was with the generic ones they sell at the Milwaukee PC's here in wisconsin... I know 5 people that have had one burn out on them in the past 24 months, not a single one lasted more than a year and a half.

AOL-For people who like to pay extra for their SPAM

mbuc310

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
PC Power & Cooling. Great service and superior power supplies. Won't go back to enermax agfter having one of these. Although enermax is a good PS.