uninstall windows messenger 4.7

I recently started receiving pop-up messages that there
is a new version of win messenger available (I think
after installing some security updates! for XP SP1) and
want to get rid of the popups and also completely
eliminate windows messenger 4.7 from my computer.
Can you tell me how?
Also, will this stop the new pop-ups I have been getting
since the recent update installs?

Thanks for your help, sstephy
1 answer Last reply
More about uninstall windows messenger

    CLICK START/RUN
    type this in exactly as it appears ensuring no spaces on either side.

    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

    If you use outlook express.. then i suggest you do this aswell:
    click START/RUN
    type in REGEDIT and press enter
    Navigate to this place down the left hand side:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express

    Right click in the right pane and select New, Dword value. Give it the name
    Hide Messenger

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP