Cell service in Aruba?

I'll be traveling to Aruba next week and was wondering about cell service
there. I know Verizon is out, how about the other services here in the
US...any work there?
What would be my choices if I wanted cell service in Aruba? Anyone with
experience there comment on my choices and what would be the most economical
way (if any) to have service? Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about cell service aruba

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:18:07 GMT, "Bob" <rfa5@optonline.net> wrote:

    >I'll be traveling to Aruba next week and was wondering about cell service
    >there. I know Verizon is out, how about the other services here in the
    >US...any work there?
    >What would be my choices if I wanted cell service in Aruba? Anyone with
    >experience there comment on my choices and what would be the most economical
    >way (if any) to have service? Thanks!

    Among other things Aruba uses GSM so any GSM phone that is frequency
    compatible will work.

    remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

    Yeah Cingular or AT&T. Tmobile also, but their stateside service is not
    the greatest.

    --
    Wireless Guy

    The Cellphone Guy..
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t116763.html

    Someone told me I can rent a phone at the Verizon store that will work
    there. Anyone confirm this?

    "Wireless Guy" <Wireless.Guy.14n364@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    message news:Wireless.Guy.14n364@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

    > Yeah Cingular or AT&T. Tmobile also, but their stateside service is not
    > the greatest.
    >

    > --
    > Wireless Guy
    >
    > The Cellphone Guy..