Cell service in Aruba?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'll be traveling to Aruba next week and was wondering about cell service
there. I know Verizon is out, how about the other services here in the
US...any work there?
What would be my choices if I wanted cell service in Aruba? Anyone with
experience there comment on my choices and what would be the most economical
way (if any) to have service? Thanks!

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:18:07 GMT, "Bob" <rfa5@optonline.net> wrote:

>I'll be traveling to Aruba next week and was wondering about cell service
>there. I know Verizon is out, how about the other services here in the
>US...any work there?
>What would be my choices if I wanted cell service in Aruba? Anyone with
>experience there comment on my choices and what would be the most economical
>way (if any) to have service? Thanks!

Among other things Aruba uses GSM so any GSM phone that is frequency
compatible will work.

remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Someone told me I can rent a phone at the Verizon store that will work
there. Anyone confirm this?

"Wireless Guy" <Wireless.Guy.14n364@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
message news:Wireless.Guy.14n364@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

http://cellphoneforums.net/t116763.html