Ally-/Guild-Events

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2004 3:50:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

hi ng,
due to some internal problems in our ally, we nearly don´t do any events at
this time...

we´re playing on mid, and now i´d like your to ask what kind of
events/raids/levelevenings there are in your opinion or, in other words:
"what do you do with your guild/ally to keep a spirit of community and
play-together alive?"

I´m not going to discuss buffbot- or soloplay in general here, just would
like to know some of your ideas...in best case, this could develop into a
all-realm-raid-/event-guide with focus on the possibilities/spots!?!

so any ideas? ;)

*T*

More about : ally guild events

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 4:23:55 PM

"T. Voges" <elvoges@t-online.de> wrote in message news:<cibncg$j31$06$1@news.t-online.com>...
> hi ng,
> due to some internal problems in our ally, we nearly don´t do any events at
> this time...
>
> we´re playing on mid, and now i´d like your to ask what kind of
> events/raids/levelevenings there are in your opinion or, in other words:
> "what do you do with your guild/ally to keep a spirit of community and
> play-together alive?"
>
> I´m not going to discuss buffbot- or soloplay in general here, just would
> like to know some of your ideas...in best case, this could develop into a
> all-realm-raid-/event-guide with focus on the possibilities/spots!?!
>
> so any ideas? ;)

Do PoC/Summoners...good loot and usually a few realm points on the way down.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 12:05:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

hi david :)

thnx for your answer!
well i suppose i was talking bout all of the events you mentioned. i´m
looking for some ideas to bring the different guilds of our alliance back
"together", means to show them that there are possibilities to play _with_
each other, even if you don´t know your group-mates or the guild they are
coming from (hm...at the moment i´m thinking about the possibility that it
could be my english that is misunderstandable *g* sorry for that :p  ).

see, we´re playing in a very large ally and the atmosphere within this
alliance is kind of unpersonal. requests in /as or spontaneous
raid-organisations lead to stupid comments or any form of "not interested".
what i am looking for now is a way (or: a list of ways) to bring back some
fun, encouragement and teamplay to our ally.
we are even taking part in our ally-board, but discussions/replies normaly
increase only when flame-wars are about to begin...people seem to be more
interested in spitting at each other or going along with their
"standard-groups" than trying to give teamplay and ingame-fun a chance :(
even ml-raids are mostly focused on leader-drops and "i have to get this ml
now, doesn´t matter how far (means egoistic) i have to go...and because i´m
in a hurry, i give a s*it bout the raid-leaders instructions and talk to
that monster"-attitude...

ok, so how can i explain what i´m looking for? *g*
alright, i´ll just try :)
i´d like to collect some ideas/experiences for events (of any kind!) that
have a positive influence of the teamplay in our alliance.
we started out with announcing a leveling-evening for 40+ characters in
iarnvidiur-dungeon nxt saturday, i´m really looking forward to see if/how
much feedback/participants there will be.
for sunday or next time i´d like to organise a fun-raid (well...fun because
i´m not interested in burning hibernia or albion down at all, more in
getting people moved to work together) in the frontiers...never did this
until now, but i think i´ll find a good route and 1 or 2 keeps to claim :)

the guild-portal you mentioned is guildportal.com?

about the possibilities of the guild-structure (what level can access
read-/write-rights etc) and ranking-management i think i know enough, but
thanks for these advises as well :)

well hope my point is a little more understandable this time :)
thanks for help/tips,
*T*

--

"David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> wrote in
news:p ine.A41.4.61.0409160847300.222936@homer10.u.washington.edu...

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about Alliance relic
raids, ToA MLs, Dragon Raids, etc.? Or are you talking more about guild
PLings, artifact hunts, etc.? We have a guild officer each in charge of
PvE events, RvR events, and ToA events. Our GM (aka my wife) is the
contact for all our Alliance events. If your guild/alliance hasn't
already made web sites on Guild Portal, they should do so *immediately*.
It is one of the best ways to communicate, and shows up on MotD (Message
of the Day) when you first log on.

You should also have your guild chat and alliance chat set on all your
chat windows. We limit writing /as to 40 and above (unless you are an
officer alt), just because we don't want any newbie embarrassing the
guild. Also, our guild level hierarchy is set so that only the higher
levels can claim keeps, promote, etc.

If you want more details, I would be happy to discuss further.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 4:36:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

"Stush" <stush@rocketmail.com> wrote in
> Do PoC/Summoners...good loot and usually a few realm points on the way
down.

Sorry if i have to out myself, but...what does PoC mean? :)

Thanks for hints,
*T*
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 4:36:01 PM

> "Stush" <stush@rocketmail.com> wrote in
>> Do PoC/Summoners...good loot and usually a few realm points on the way
> down.
>
> Sorry if i have to out myself, but...what does PoC mean? :)

I believe it is Passage(s) of the Corrupt - I think it used to be HoC/Halls
of the Corrupt... It's the Frontier Dungeon :)

Dan
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 7:58:21 PM

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Dan English wrote:

> "T. Voges" <elvoges@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> "Stush" <stush@rocketmail.com> wrote in
>>> Do PoC/Summoners...good loot and usually a few realm points on the way
>> down.
>>
>> Sorry if i have to out myself, but...what does PoC mean? :)
>

> I believe it is Passage(s) of the Corrupt - I think it used to be HoC/Halls
> of the Corrupt... It's the Frontier Dungeon :)
>
> Dan

I think because it's replacing Doden's, it's like Passage of Conflicts. I
am really surprised realms don't use it as a zergy way into other realms.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 12:41:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

> I think because it's replacing Doden's, it's like Passage of Conflicts. I
> am really surprised realms don't use it as a zergy way into other realms.

hehe It's been used like that several times on the Europe Server,
Excalibur... And I seem to recall it was used to get a relic out at one
point as well. Hmmm, maybe Thorarin will know better. I can't remember if
they tried to get it out but it was dropped, or if it was taken out that way
and there was a stink about it.

Meh, can't remember. Of course, when 10fg of Albs steam through it and
trample the occasion Mid or Hib group XPing in there, it's quite amusing to
see them scatter :) ) Kinda like hunting in DF when another realm takes it,
and the steamrollers comes through. Still, have to give some middies their
dues last week - they stormed up while I was fighting a Mob, and left me and
my cleric alone to kill the mob and then for the cleric to heal me before
they blew me apart :D

Dan
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 9:12:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

hi ng ;)
our little "lvl-raid" last night was pretty much succesfull :)  we got two
full groups going down into iarnvidiurs dungeon and explored nearly the
complete dungeon - every corner except the way from DROOM to IARNVIDIUR
himself - (this is quite good for my impression if you consider only having
3 tanks with us and most chars between 40-45 *g*). we finally wiped at
DELEGALT and his companions, already very close to iarnvidiur
himself...we´ll bring him a very "personal" greeting-message next time,
hopefully from face 2 face that time...
only thing i´m little worried about is that out of the 15 guilds in our
ally, we only got 2 full groups and these were formed 1 by my guild and the
other from just another guild :(  but i think your right, maybe it´s the
communications that interrupt the ally-get-together...5 guilds postet the
event on their own guild boards, and 8 "foreign-guild"-ppl showed up at
all...
well anyway, i´m going to repeat this raid few times, because even with
lvl49.5, one char made up nearly two xp-bubbles in less than 4 hours...so
wtf is moderna? ^^

i´ll try to post the responses to the next raids as well :)

*T*

PS: What do you mean with LGM craft-off? in my opinion this could be
something like that: all guilds bring their legendary crafters to the
ally-house and fullfill armor/weapon/alchemy/sc-wishes? this is a nice
idea...i´ll try to set up something like this...

--

"David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:p ine.A41.4.61.0409171542440.306924@homer09.u.washington.edu...
Hi,

My basic suggestion would be to get GMs and/or designated rep for each of
your guilds to come together and plan events. Coordiante MLs, DR, etc.
You might want to have a Moderngrave Day each week as it seems to be the
PL Flavor of the Month. See what guilds want to do. Who knows? How
about a LGM craft-off? Seriously, with an LGM in all but Fletching, I
would be interested in that.

Yes, I am talking about guildportal.com. Make sure that each guild has a
site, and that each site links to an alliance site. Make sure that
appropriate toons get to see and speak in /as. Between the two, you can
use them for feedback and ideas on events. Communications seems to be
your biggest hurdle. Do what you can to lower it.

You're on the right track. Keep us posted how it goes.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 10:34:37 AM

"Dan English" <dan.junk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<9xS2d.1279$Kz3.15763660@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> > I think because it's replacing Doden's, it's like Passage of Conflicts. I
> > am really surprised realms don't use it as a zergy way into other realms.
>
> hehe It's been used like that several times on the Europe Server,
> Excalibur... And I seem to recall it was used to get a relic out at one
> point as well. Hmmm, maybe Thorarin will know better. I can't remember if
> they tried to get it out but it was dropped, or if it was taken out that way
> and there was a stink about it.
>
> Meh, can't remember. Of course, when 10fg of Albs steam through it and
> trample the occasion Mid or Hib group XPing in there, it's quite amusing to
> see them scatter :) ) Kinda like hunting in DF when another realm takes it,
> and the steamrollers comes through. Still, have to give some middies their
> dues last week - they stormed up while I was fighting a Mob, and left me and
> my cleric alone to kill the mob and then for the cleric to heal me before
> they blew me apart :D
>
> Dan

Maybe you guys are in Europe. Once you get NF, Passage of Conflict is
the new RvR dungeon that connects all the realms' Frontiers and
Summoners Hall is still there at the bottom of the PoC.

2-3 groups.
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 12:16:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

"Stush" <stush@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe you guys are in Europe. Once you get NF, Passage of Conflict is
> the new RvR dungeon that connects all the realms' Frontiers and
> Summoners Hall is still there at the bottom of the PoC.
>
> 2-3 groups.

thanks for this info, i am indeed playing on europe-server :)
looking forward to NF, hoping that this addon will keep the game a little
more stable than it´s now...few servercrashes over the last weeks on the
european main-server :(
*T*
!