Cannot hibernate/sleep

Hi,

My pc had this issue for a long time and i'm tired of this, I want to solve it.

If I click on Hibernate, it will work but then the computer will turn on itself (5 secs after), with the hdd led on, it shows 'Resuming Windows',then I get the blinking cursor on the top left of the screen and I have to reboot manually.

Then it will ask me to continue with resume or delete resume and proceed with normal boot>this one will work.

It is running Windows 7 x64, I had same issue in 32 bit version.

I have disabled the power management thing in network card props.

Anything else?
6 answers Last reply
More about cannot hibernate sleep
  1. Try updating the Graphics driver . that is a major culprit for 80% of the issues...

if that does not work. you have to disable the devices in the device manager and check the situation one at a time by enabling the device from the Device manager
  2. Do you have the correct BIOS settings enabled as well? Reboot and check the power management section in your BIOS to ensure you have it enabled.
  3. isamuelson said:
    Do you have the correct BIOS settings enabled as well? Reboot and check the power management section in your BIOS to ensure you have it enabled.

OK I will post some pictures of it, I think I have BIOS setting ok, I couldnt find much about it. I will do it on the afternoon.
  4. Some pictures of the Bios, I cannot see anything or it seems to be activated.

5. Some pictures of the Bios, I cannot see anything or it seems to be activated.

That all seems in check. Have you tried updating your BIOS to the latest? Maybe there's a bug in the version you have.
  6. Well I don't know what else to check,bios is the latest and 4 years old.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hibernate Windows 7