Installation/Configuration MSN Messenger

Hi,

Following the installation of WindowsXP SP2 the MSN plug-in functionality
for Windows Messenger no longer works.

Unfortunately, we have committed to the business that this functionality
will be provided and so we need to upgrade to MSN Messenger, while retaining
Windows Messenger (With login disabled).

I have been unable to find corporate deployment information for MSN
Messenger 7.0 including:

1. Deployment Instaructions on how to install silently while removing
default installation options (ie MSN Toolbar etc)
2. White Paper or similar with configuration options (Group Policy /
Preferences references in Registry etc.)
3. Advantages of upgrading from Windows Messenger 4.7 to 5.1

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. There is reams of information
about Messenger at Microsoft.com, but I am finding it next to impossible to
track down the above.

Regards,

Phillip Aston.
1 answer Last reply
More about installation configuration messenger

    It appears I should have posted this to the microsoft.public.msn.messenger
    newsgroup, which I have now done.

    "Phillip Aston" <phillip_aston@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Following the installation of WindowsXP SP2 the MSN plug-in functionality
    > for Windows Messenger no longer works.
    >
    > Unfortunately, we have committed to the business that this functionality
    > will be provided and so we need to upgrade to MSN Messenger, while
    retaining
    > Windows Messenger (With login disabled).
    >
    > I have been unable to find corporate deployment information for MSN
    > Messenger 7.0 including:
    >
    > 1. Deployment Instaructions on how to install silently while removing
    > default installation options (ie MSN Toolbar etc)
    > 2. White Paper or similar with configuration options (Group Policy /
    > Preferences references in Registry etc.)
    > 3. Advantages of upgrading from Windows Messenger 4.7 to 5.1
    >
    > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. There is reams of information
    > about Messenger at Microsoft.com, but I am finding it next to impossible
    > track down the above.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Phillip Aston.

Messenger MSN Messenger Windows XP