Beowulf

Distinguished
May 29, 2004
I recently bought Battlefront II

so...i installed it...i tried to run the game...and i get this crappy error msg. I already contacted LucasArts....and....as some of you may well know...it wont be for another blue moon until they answer back.

the error is: "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed."

no error code nothing, i tried google-ing this error...but i cannot seem to find anything to help me.

All i got is some sort of image-cracking method of the game...which i am not interested in since its an original copy...

thought maybe some of you experienced the same issue with their copies earlier...and who knows....either found a way to fix it or managed to get through to Lucas...

please help :roll:

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Nope, this is all in your head.

Can't be. There's at least one personality too many involved. Must be that Beowulf chap, which is causing all of this confusion. I'm sure the 3 of us can work it out (inside my head of course).

Beowulf

Distinguished
May 29, 2004
yeah...could very well be me...

my apologies on this one gents...

i actually had to figure this "fix" out on my own...

not that it works too good or anything....but at least i can run the game now......the fact that i am getting kicked out of the game after the completion of every map ( well the first one for now anyway) is still a problem for me to look at ….

But thx for the advice…and sorry to get you guys confused on my account…

Beowulf

Distinguished
May 29, 2004
well....i managed to get a wide picture of alot of the stuff that could help...i check alot of forums and sites regarding this problem...and...well what i did is this...

i made an image of my dvd...
mounted it with daemon
had to make sure RMPS and Securom was enabled under emulation option
then i went to the LucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront IIGameData folder and i modified the properties of Battlefront II.exe
the mod was done in compatability tab under compatability mode i checked Run this program in compatability mode for: and from the drop down box selected win 2000

now... this actually, like i said, enables me to run the game...play a level...but kick me right out at the end of it, no error code, nothing.
if i bypass the mission, the same thing happends to the next...so right now im trying to figure out why and how i can fix this...

as of now...on the same forums i found these steps in, there are no indications to any problems alike by any user...