I recently caught teen chatting inapropriatly...I would
like to know how to be able to check on what has been
said over the course of a day or so...And teen not be
able to disable. I am the admin. Teen has no access to
comp unless i log in... It is worrying me...I would like
proof before I take action !
or over react !!!

thanks Mom

There are numerous types of software SPYWARE is one that I used on my
daughter. It has a easy to follow screens that let you even set what times
you want to monitor the pc use and how much screen immage you want to
capture. You also have the option of sending your captured immages to your
personal email address etc so you do not have to open them in front of her or
have a file that the teen can access. ABout $50 -$75 as I recall.

WORKED GREAT however I did not find a problem after I got it...and it works
invisible to the user.

GREAT PRODUCT.

Some virus protection sceemas however may interfer with it.

Dwight Cornett

"Concerned Mom" wrote:

> I recently caught teen chatting inapropriatly...I would
> like to know how to be able to check on what has been
> said over the course of a day or so...And teen not be
> able to disable. I am the admin. Teen has no access to
> comp unless i log in... It is worrying me...I would like
> proof before I take action !
> or over react !!!
>
> thanks Mom

Thank you for your help Dwight... I am not very computor
literate...I think i have some sort of spyware on comp
will check it out. That all sounds like exactly what i
want..Again thank you

Still worried Mom

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:0fbd01c54d23$595d2d80$a401280a@phx.gbl,
concerned Mom <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Thank you for your help Dwight... I am not very computor
> literate...I think i have some sort of spyware on comp
> will check it out. That all sounds like exactly what i
> want..Again thank you
>
> Still worried Mom

Hello Worried Mom,

May I make a small suggestion? If you're not that computer literate and such
then chances are your teen knows more about your computer than you do. What
I'd consider doing is disallowing access to the PC entirely without direct
monitoring until the child has learned safe internet practices. Consider, if
you will, that all walks of life are capable of accessing the internet.
Safety is a must and safety practices aren't a program nor reactions but
rather education and, for lack of a better word, proactive solutions.
Teaching your teen what is and what is not expected and then enforcing those
standards by direct observation and 'spot checks' (disallowing access at
other times when you're not available to do so) is a far more effective
solution in my observation than any single piece of software which is likely
to notify you long after the damage has been done. Pulling the power cord(s)
(note the printer power cord could possible work in the PC so yank 'em all,)
password protecting the PC, and other solutions will prevent access.
Software will notify you of what's already taken place. However, direct
observation will ensure that you're able to show the child (teens are just
kids prone to bigger errors I think) what is expected and then be there to
stop inappropriate actions before they've had the chance to escalate.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes