Sign in with
Your question

Problem with PCI .. dunno what!

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2002 4:32:22 PM

Hi! I have an A7V266-E motherboard.

Whenever i plugin in a PCI device such as a SoundCard or NIC the system starts to get bulky like there are some kind of timer error! If I remove or disable the PCI device the problem goes away!

Both XP and Win2k work fine and don't crash but it slows performance with these tiny little "hangups"

My cfg is:
AMD XP 1700
ASUS A7V266-E
1 GB RAM
GeForce3 TI200 AGP

I tried it under both Win2k and XP and the problem are present on both systems. I have ofcourse tried to downloaded all the newst drivers and bios updates and so on but with no luck!! I have messed that much with the BIOS settings perhaps that is where is should look!

Any suggestions???

More about : problem pci dunno

March 12, 2002 4:41:08 PM

I have no experience with this particular board, but I know some boards are very picky about what PCI slot you use for particular devices. My only helpful suggestion is to try installing the devices starting with the slot furthest from the AGP slot, and work your way up. Bascially, try different devices in different slots and see if that helps. I had an EPox board that simply would not allow a modem to be installed UNLESS I used the bottom 2 slots. Strange but true.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2002 6:05:02 PM

I tried what you suggested but with no luck!

There is an onboard PCI sound card on the motherboard. If that is enabled I get a messed up system too! If I disable it along with all other PCI devices it works! Seems to me that there is something wrong with the PCI bus or whatever. How do I fix it?
Related resources
March 12, 2002 8:16:35 PM

Have you checked to make sure your IRQ's aren't conflicting?

It's the only thing I can think of.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2002 8:19:05 PM

Yes no conflicts!
!