Verifying email address

I'm a new user and I keep getting a message asking me to
verify my email address by responding to an email sent to
me from the Windows Messenger people.

I've looked for the email they want me to respond to but
I've apparently deleted it and I've long since emptied my
deleted mail folder. There is no info on any alternate
method to resolve this issue. How do I verify my email
address for Windows Messenger without the mail from MS?
8 answers Last reply
More about verifying email address

    Greetings,

    Please go here:
    https://memberservices.passport.net/uiemailval.srf?id=507&ru=http://messenger.msn.com/
    Sign in to Passport when prompted, then click the "Verify Now" button and then the "Send
    Mail" button.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "gbhost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm a new user and I keep getting a message asking me to
    > verify my email address by responding to an email sent to
    > me from the Windows Messenger people.
    >
    > I've looked for the email they want me to respond to but
    > I've apparently deleted it and I've long since emptied my
    > deleted mail folder. There is no info on any alternate
    > method to resolve this issue. How do I verify my email
    > address for Windows Messenger without the mail from MS?

    Thank you for your help

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Please go here:
    > https://memberservices.passport.net/uiemailval.srf?id=507&ru=http://messenger.msn.com/
    > Sign in to Passport when prompted, then click the "Verify Now" button and then the "Send
    > Mail" button.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "gbhost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm a new user and I keep getting a message asking me to
    > > verify my email address by responding to an email sent to
    > > me from the Windows Messenger people.
    > >
    > > I've looked for the email they want me to respond to but
    > > I've apparently deleted it and I've long since emptied my
    > > deleted mail folder. There is no info on any alternate
    > > method to resolve this issue. How do I verify my email
    > > address for Windows Messenger without the mail from MS?

    Hi Greg,

    No problem at all :)
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    gbhost wrote:
    > I'm a new user and I keep getting a message asking me to
    > verify my email address by responding to an email sent to
    > me from the Windows Messenger people.
    >
    > I've looked for the email they want me to respond to but
    > I've apparently deleted it and I've long since emptied my
    > deleted mail folder. There is no info on any alternate
    > method to resolve this issue. How do I verify my email
    > address for Windows Messenger without the mail from MS?

    Be VERY careful!!!! It might look genuine but actually
    be a spam generator or have virus content. And not be
    from ANY legitimate source at all. My advice: if Messenger
    is working okay, ignore all such phishing expeditions.

    <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > Be VERY careful!!!! It might look genuine but actually
    > be a spam generator or have virus content. And not be
    > from ANY legitimate source at all. My advice: if Messenger
    > is working okay, ignore all such phishing expeditions.

    This isn't a phising expedition, if you don't verify your .NET Passport, you can't change
    your display name and both MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger will complain that you haven't
    verified your account.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Jonathan -

    Never knew that you were a phisherman. *g*

    You have to verify the e-mail address in order to use the service. It's a
    safety feature used to validate the e-mail address.

    Bob
    > gbhost wrote:
    >> I'm a new user and I keep getting a message asking me to verify my email
    >> address by responding to an email sent to me from the Windows Messenger
    >> people. I've looked for the email they want me to respond to but I've
    >> apparently deleted it and I've long since emptied my deleted mail folder.
    >> There is no info on any alternate method to resolve this issue. How do I
    >> verify my email address for Windows Messenger without the mail from MS?
    >

    > Be VERY careful!!!! It might look genuine but actually
    > be a spam generator or have virus content. And not be
    > from ANY legitimate source at all. My advice: if Messenger
    > is working okay, ignore all such phishing expeditions.
    > --

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    OMG
    THANK YOU
    Why can't there just be an option on one of the menus to verify your
    address. I have been looking for the link you just provided, for MONTHS!
    Couldn't this process be made simpler?
    Thanks again.

    "Greg B Host" wrote:

    > Thank you for your help
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > Please go here:
    > > https://memberservices.passport.net/uiemailval.srf?id=507&ru=http://messenger.msn.com/
    > > Sign in to Passport when prompted, then click the "Verify Now" button and then the "Send
    > > Mail" button.
    > > Jonathan Kay
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
    > > Associate Expert
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    > > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    > > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
    > > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
    > >

    > > "gbhost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I'm a new user and I keep getting a message asking me to
    > > > verify my email address by responding to an email sent to
    > > > me from the Windows Messenger people.
    > > >
    > > > I've looked for the email they want me to respond to but
    > > > I've apparently deleted it and I've long since emptied my
    > > > deleted mail folder. There is no info on any alternate
    > > > method to resolve this issue. How do I verify my email
    > > > address for Windows Messenger without the mail from MS?

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Hi,

    There is in MSN Messenger, just not in Windows Messenger.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Windows Messenger Verification" <WindowsMessengerVerification@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:33283D9B-991B-4B32-A97E-8C3E45A87BEA@microsoft.com...
    > OMG
    > THANK YOU
    > Why can't there just be an option on one of the menus to verify your
    > address. I have been looking for the link you just provided, for MONTHS!
    > Couldn't this process be made simpler?
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > "Greg B Host" wrote:
    >
    >> Thank you for your help
    >>
    >> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Greetings,
    >> >
    >> > Please go here:
    >> > https://memberservices.passport.net/uiemailval.srf?id=507&ru=http://messenger.msn.com/
    >> > Sign in to Passport when prompted, then click the "Verify Now" button and then the "Send
    >> > Mail" button.
    >> > Jonathan Kay
    >> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
    >> > Associate Expert
    >> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    >> > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    >> > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
    >> > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
    >> >

    >> > "gbhost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Messenger Email Microsoft Windows XP