MSI K7T266-Pro2 RU & axp 1800+

Kithylin

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
I just recently bought a MSI K7T266-Pro2 RU motherboard to replace my damaged Asustek A7V-133 and used a 900mhz duron in it, it worked great.

My question for you all out there is this: i'm buying a new AXP 1800+ processor this week, will it work with this board perfectly or are there any known flaws in this combo ?

Also any opnions on this board are more than welcome, i've never used msi before nor heard of em till i bought this board, is it worth keeping, is it [-peep-] ?

"And he said, "Let There Be Light"" -God

FatBurger

Illustrious
*resists the urge to correct the punctuation in your sig*

A friend of mine picked up that board on sale at Fry's, he has an 1800+. Since then, two other friends have gotten that board on his recommendation. They're all happy with it so far.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The board has USB2 which may or may not be important. Howeve, it's only average in terms of KT266A performance.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Kithylin

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
thats excactly where i got this one, for $132. Thank you very much i was wondering about it. Would you mind checking my post on heatsink in the cpus section ?

"And he said, "Let There Be Light"" -God

prfstrkr

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
MSI is the only competitor to Asus in the mobo field. Just like ATI vs Nvidia in graphic field. Well, manufacturers like Epox,Gigabyte,etc are also no bad...but just not as reputated.

Never trust in any unknown online vendors!!!

mbuc310

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
Good board cpu combo. Get a quality cpu cooler and make sure your power supply is 300 watts or better. Again, good board and cpu combo

FatBurger

Illustrious
You ever heard of a little company named "Abit"? No, probably not...

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
lol, unlike processors and graphics chips, there are about half a dozen prominent motherboard manufacturers as well as chipset markers. BTW, I just heard that ATI is going to start making chipsets, like nVidia.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's been in the works for quite a while, but only sparse information. Anandtech has an article about it, take a look.