How can I disable the Webcam function in Messenger 7

I wish to disable the webcam function in messenger 7 so that users
cannot use it. But I still require the cam to be connected for other
apps. Running XP home with sp2.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about disable webcam function messenger

    Greetings Sentiel,

    There are no built-in policies in Messenger to stop this function, nor is there really any
    way you can block it (as webcam can utilize a relay server).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "sentinel" <lauroy9@canada.com> wrote in message
    >I wish to disable the webcam function in messenger 7 so that users cannot use it. But I
    >still require the cam to be connected for other apps. Running XP home with sp2.
    >
    > Thanks
  2. Hello, i wish to enable my web cam in windows 7. but unfortunately i failed in viewing my webcam in windows 7 do you hav any solution for that. In previous version of windows XP i used to install this cam using Add new hardware programme. But in this i dint find that option. Can you please help me in this small problem.

    Thanks
  3. brinji is it even detected when you plug it in the usb port?

    does it show up in device manager with a yellow exclamation mark?

    i hate to say it but it might not be compatible with win7 / vista.

Webcams Messenger Microsoft Windows XP