Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

How can I disable the Webcam function in Messenger 7

Tags:
  • Webcams
  • Messenger
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 3, 2005 7:18:17 PM

I wish to disable the webcam function in messenger 7 so that users
cannot use it. But I still require the cam to be connected for other
apps. Running XP home with sp2.

Thanks

More about : disable webcam function messenger

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:24:59 PM

Greetings Sentiel,

There are no built-in policies in Messenger to stop this function, nor is there really any
way you can block it (as webcam can utilize a relay server).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"sentinel" <lauroy9@canada.com> wrote in message
>I wish to disable the webcam function in messenger 7 so that users cannot use it. But I
>still require the cam to be connected for other apps. Running XP home with sp2.
>
> Thanks
January 15, 2009 7:09:32 AM

Hello, i wish to enable my web cam in windows 7. but unfortunately i failed in viewing my webcam in windows 7 do you hav any solution for that. In previous version of windows XP i used to install this cam using Add new hardware programme. But in this i dint find that option. Can you please help me in this small problem.

Thanks
January 15, 2009 7:00:48 PM

brinji is it even detected when you plug it in the usb port?

does it show up in device manager with a yellow exclamation mark?

i hate to say it but it might not be compatible with win7 / vista.