RAID question.

G

I used to have the Abit KG7-Raid with a highpoint RAID controller. My board went bad, and now I am getting a Soyo Dragon plus with a promise RAID controller. I was wondering if I could use the already created array on the new board without having to set up a new array. I have quite a bit of data thatI don't want to lose.

Any help would be most appreciated.

siliconjon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
Which type of array where you running? (0 - 1 - 0,1 - 5)

If I don't get my 90THz AMD Quadraplex system soon, I'm afraid I may just combust right here.

G

Raid 0

P.S. A friend of mine mentioned something about it having to rebuild the array, but it wouldn't have to format the drives, so I wouldn't lose any data. Is this true?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by toastboy on 03/13/02 09:06 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

well i have bad news for you , theres no way you can keep the data intact , even if you have a same highpoint raid controller you still have to have the same bios version to keep the data, and you're saying highpoint to promise , no chance at all . sorry to inform you about this

TH7II - RAID P4 1.6Ghz @ 1.8Ghz, 256MB Radeon 7500 64MB DDR, 2*20Gig hd in raid 0. SB Audigy

FatBurger

Illustrious
It almost certainly won't work, but it's certainly worth a shot. Just try setting up the RAID with the same settings, and see if it works. You've got nothing to lose but your data, and you'll lose that anyway :tongue:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

snakernetb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2001
Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. I believe the ABIT KR7A-133Raid would have been a good bet for replacement. I own both the ABIT KR and the Soyo Dragon Plus. Both have been rock solid performers so far. I hope you don't lose your data. But oh well just more fun rebuilding anyway. You should really learn to back your data up or store it on a server or something. Oh well, take it easy and good luck

One TBird in the hand is worth two P4's in your box.

TRENDING THREADS