DragonPlus capacitor

G

Been having problems that seem hardware related with a Dragon board. Just bought a Dragon Plus. Noticed that the capacitor that caused me so much grief with my cpu fan on the old Dragon is missing on the Plus. Is this normal? Did not find one rolling around loose in the a-s bag. Hopefully this is an improvement on the original design. Anyone with a D Plus care to comment? There is also a cap. on the edge of the board that can be bent/broken off if you mount a full size 5 1/2 inch CD, DVD drive in the Number 2 bay of my Coolerguys case. So be careful. I'm wondering if intermittent contact on either one of these cap's is causing my problems?

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing...

FatBurger

Illustrious
There is a capacitor on the Epox 8KHA+ that was put there to regulate voltage for the DDR, though later they said it's not absolutely necessary, and can be broken off so the VisionTek GeForce 4 Ti4600 and Palit GeForce 3 Ti200 will fit.

I suspect this is a similar thing, as when DDR was first implemented, motherboard manufacturers thought that stringent voltage regulation was needed. Now they know it's easier than it was. Most motherboards have empty spots for capacitors that aren't there.

Basically what I'm saying is, it isn't needed (at least on the Dragon+), so they saved a nickel on every board by not including it.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!