Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 upgrade question

Last response: in Windows 7
August 9, 2010 12:10:42 AM

Hi guys

First off I built a computer a few months ago for work and internet browsing. so since I was building it myself i went with windows 7 HP OEM as the os. after that i started to build a new gaming pc when finished i wanted to see if it worked but with no os disc to use i just popped in the old windows 7 OEM disc (i know shame on me) . now the 30days are nearly over iam looking to buy a new disc and since iam a student iam thinking of buying the upgrade version. my quistion is this will it work, will I be able to install it on my computer or will it see that iam using a already used win7 key as my os and thus not install?

thanks for looking i really need a answer to this fast
a b $ Windows 7
August 9, 2010 1:09:08 AM

The upgrade and the OEM will be about the same price.
I suggest you purchase another HP OEM disk the same as you have now.
If you didn't enter a key when you installed it, you can use the key supplied with the new one to activate it.
If you did enter a key, you can change it by going to Control Panel> System and Security> System and select Change Product key.
m
l
August 9, 2010 1:18:00 AM

yea I could get another oem but since iam a student I can get the upgrade for about half the price and thats just too tempting to not look into.
m
l
!