Epox 8KHA+ or 8K3A+?

Faceman

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2002
Yes, well this from one review:

"The CPU/FPU memory scores on the 8K3A+ were a bit lower than both the other boards, however, not by a significant margin. The memory scores were, however, a cause for concern and will probably cause gaming benchmarks to post lower numbers... The low memory performance shows its ugly head as the Epox takes the back seat in the gaming benchmarks.

Overall, we felt a bit disappointed with the 8K3A+ as we were hoping for an Editor's Choice product. The performance on the 8K3A+ could sure use some fine-tuning and we hope Epox gives it that as the overclocking features on the board are just flat-out amazing."

Faceman

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2002
No, I asked which motherboard from Epox is better; the 8KHA+ or the 8K3A+? In otherwords, does the new chipset and features outweigh it's negatives and still make it better than the 8KHA+? Or am I better off going with the 8KHA+?

I will be mainly using my computer for gaming btw.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
doesn't look like there are many (any) reviews out yet.

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
but the review you quoted "seemed" to be Epox boards vs. other vendors boards. Without a link to the actual review, it's hard to guess what it was really saying. Can you provide that link?

Also, what are the "negatives" of the KT333 chipset vs. KT266A?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>