How to remove messenger 4.7.0.2009....PLEASE help!

I have a problem with my messenger, i had messegner 4.7 and i thought i got
rid of it, because in the add/remove programmes window the programme dosen't
appear. I then downloaded messenger 7.0 and found that when i sign into
messenger 7.0 it dosen't....it signs me ino messenger 4.7 and i dunno how to
uninstall that one because the programme is not showin up in the add/remove
programmes window. 7.0 dose work but its a real pain trying to log in as it
keeps volleying me between the 2 versions.....please help!

Fairrah
1 answer Last reply
More about remove messenger 2009 please help

    Greetings Fairrah,

    You can just remove Windows Messenger again by closing down Messenger if it's running (right
    click the messenger icon in the notification area/system tray and click close). Then click
    the start button, then click Run and type in (copy-paste if you like):
    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

    Then click OK.
    Messenger will then be uninstalled. For more detailed instructions and screenshots, go to,
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=7
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Fairrah" <Fairrah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with my messenger, i had messegner 4.7 and i thought i got
    > rid of it, because in the add/remove programmes window the programme dosen't
    > appear. I then downloaded messenger 7.0 and found that when i sign into
    > messenger 7.0 it dosen't....it signs me ino messenger 4.7 and i dunno how to
    > uninstall that one because the programme is not showin up in the add/remove
    > programmes window. 7.0 dose work but its a real pain trying to log in as it
    > keeps volleying me between the 2 versions.....please help!
    >
    > Fairrah

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP