How to remove messenger 4.7.0.2009....PLEASE help!

May 8, 2005 3:56:04 PM

I have a problem with my messenger, i had messegner 4.7 and i thought i got
rid of it, because in the add/remove programmes window the programme dosen't
appear. I then downloaded messenger 7.0 and found that when i sign into
messenger 7.0 it dosen't....it signs me ino messenger 4.7 and i dunno how to
uninstall that one because the programme is not showin up in the add/remove
programmes window. 7.0 dose work but its a real pain trying to log in as it
keeps volleying me between the 2 versions.....please help!

Fairrah

More about : remove messenger 2009

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 2:01:41 PM

Greetings Fairrah,

You can just remove Windows Messenger again by closing down Messenger if it's running (right
click the messenger icon in the notification area/system tray and click close). Then click
the start button, then click Run and type in (copy-paste if you like):
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Then click OK.
Messenger will then be uninstalled. For more detailed instructions and screenshots, go to,
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=7
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!