after i log in to messenger 7.0 beta a pop up tells me i am signed on a
different computer what up with that i unchecked instant messaging scanning
on my norton so now what do i do?please help thnx! Darryl
--
zombone

Hi Darryl,

Have you also unchecked the startup options for Windows Messenger?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> after i log in to messenger 7.0 beta a pop up tells me i am signed on a
> different computer what up with that i unchecked instant messaging scanning
> on my norton so now what do i do?please help thnx! Darryl
> --
> zombone

no i have not how do i check the start up and what do i uncheck in the
options?thnx!Darryl
--
zombone

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Darryl,
>
> Have you also unchecked the startup options for Windows Messenger?
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > after i log in to messenger 7.0 beta a pop up tells me i am signed on a
> > different computer what up with that i unchecked instant messaging scanning
> > on my norton so now what do i do?please help thnx! Darryl
> > --
> > zombone

Hi,

To disable Windows Messenger, open it up (click Start, then Run, type "msmsgs" and click OK),
click Tools, Options, Preferences tab and uncheck 'Run this Program when Windows starts' or
'Run Windows Messenger when Windows starts' (depending on version) as well as 'Allow this
program to run in the background' or 'Allow Windows Messenger to run in the background'
(depending on version).