Windows messenger

1. Where do I get the latest Windows XP messenger?
2. Where can I download the updates that allowes you to go to hotmail inbox?
3. I have a problem - I have 4.7.3001 and when I login I have lots of "add
to contacts" messages.
I saw this problem was discussed before and the suggestion was to go back to
4.7 - so here - now you know it wont help you :)
Any other suggestions?
Guy

Greetings Guy,

1. http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
2. This feature has been removed, you'll need to use MSN Messenger instead if you want this
functionality (http://messenger.msn.com).
3. Yes that won't help you; just don't add them to your list and block them where asked.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Cloe" <info@shopamerica.co.il> wrote in message news:uQvm9CTVFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> 1. Where do I get the latest Windows XP messenger?
> 2. Where can I download the updates that allowes you to go to hotmail inbox?
> 3. I have a problem - I have 4.7.3001 and when I login I have lots of "add to contacts"
> messages.
> I saw this problem was discussed before and the suggestion was to go back to 4.7 - so
> here - now you know it wont help you :)
> Any other suggestions?
> Guy

Thank you Jonathan :)

Note - windows update site does not show that I can update my 4.7 to
5.something :(

Guy

> Greetings Guy,
>
> 1. http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> 2. This feature has been removed, you'll need to use MSN Messenger
> instead if you want this functionality (http://messenger.msn.com).
> 3. Yes that won't help you; just don't add them to your list and block
> them where asked.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Cloe" <info@shopamerica.co.il> wrote in message
>> 1. Where do I get the latest Windows XP messenger?
>> 2. Where can I download the updates that allowes you to go to hotmail
>> inbox?
>> 3. I have a problem - I have 4.7.3001 and when I login I have lots of
>> "add to contacts" messages.
>> I saw this problem was discussed before and the suggestion was to go back
>> to 4.7 - so here - now you know it wont help you :)
>> Any other suggestions?
>> Guy

Hi Guy,

That's by design; Windows Messenger 5.1 is considered a "different product" to Windows
Messenger 4.7 (although 5.x does upgrade 4.x!) and really is for the Enterprise market hence
why it's not listed on Windows Update.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert