Excitement! Just purchased an A7V333

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Along with:

2X256M PC3000 OCZ
XP 1700+
Mid tower case

But it's not for me, it's for a friend who's upgrading. I'll report back on my experience with the board.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Good stuff. I hope you're not giving him a crappy PSU, though :wink:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
It's not a name brand, but it's "AMD certified". If he experiences problems, I've got others lying around I can swap in for him. Thats why he uses me - he knows I treat all the machines I build like one of my own. ;-)

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Did it come with any Firewire ports?

<b>God bless the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue></b>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
nice! reports are good, help us a little to see which ones work out in real life not just for a review use of half a day or so. not saying reviews are bad, they just don't have time to try all the hardwares what's out to see which one turn ugly trying to match it with the rest of the components.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>

G

i am REALLY excited about this new asus board. i am especially curious to see how well that OCZ memory runs in it. i want to see that memory run at pc2700 cas2 now that'd be sweet! especially since i have yet to hear of any other memory that will run at that speed.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Did it come with any Firewire ports?
That I don't know for sure. I've seen conflicting reports as to whether or not it will. I'll post the answer here when I receive the board.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Here is a <A HREF="http://www.tbreak.com/hard/mobo/asus_a7v333/page1.html" target="_new">review</A> on the board. I actually found that in an old post here, by doing a <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=search" target="_new">search</A> yesterday. Pretty powerful stuff.

G

Hi,

Can you tell us where you got the board? It seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Thanks!

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
I got it from <A HREF="http://www.computerbrain.com/cbisys/buy.asp?main=Motherboards&title=Motherboards&id=51" target="_new">Computerbrain</A> - they didn't say it was in stock and they didn't say it was out of stock. So we shall see.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Just got a call from computerbrain. You guessed it - they're hoping for a shipment within 1 - 2 weeks. They offered to cancel the order (nice of them to call and offer instead of just keeping me on the hook). I told them to keep the order. My friend doesn't mind waiting.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Thanks for the links. I see there was a change of plans. Nice of them to call. One time I got a board and realized it was one they didn't have in stock yet, and threw an E-mail I said forget it I don't want it, but weeks later still got it. Also, I hate ordering from a sight and you don't know if or if not it's in stock.

Jablumen

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
I had a similar experience with United Micro. I ordered the Gigabyte 7vrxp from them about 2 weeks ago after calling and having them tell me it was in stock. I called two days later to see if it had shipped and they said is was not in stock. At least they agreed to cancel the order and I got my money back fairly quickly.

New Egg said they had it on their site so I ordered from them. The next day I looked at their site and they said it was out of stock. I called with that sinking feeling but was assured that when I ordered it was in stock and it would ship. Sure enough, that evening I had my tracking number. So it seems that NewEgg's site really is well linked to their inventory. That's nice to know. I ordered the OCZ PC3000 memory from them today around noon Central time and had a tracking number in hand by 6 PM. Not bad!

John

Ain't this fun!

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
I got the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP yesterday. So far so good. Board seems to rock. Also looks like real quality stuff, including the manual. I had always heard good things about Gigabyte, but this is my first experience. I'll report further after a few days of use.

Also, I can recommend axiontech.com. Seem to be reputable.