Display name problem

May 10, 2005 1:07:41 PM

I am using MSN 7 and I have a problem where all my
contacts are displayed as their email address. I would
like to have their names being displayed rather than the
email address. I have tried uninstalling and that didn't
work. I have also tried looking through the options and
didn't see anything that stuck out. Can anyone help me
with this problem?

More about : display problem

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 6:26:32 PM

Greetings,

To change this back, click the Contacts menu, then Manage Contacts, then View Contacts By and
choose Display Name.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

<anthonyh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1b4901c5557a$650e8a70$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I am using MSN 7 and I have a problem where all my
> contacts are displayed as their email address. I would
> like to have their names being displayed rather than the
> email address. I have tried uninstalling and that didn't
> work. I have also tried looking through the options and
> didn't see anything that stuck out. Can anyone help me
> with this problem?
May 11, 2005 12:27:17 PM

this is a problem due to invalid contact list received from
the server.
u can options-> connection -> advanced settings
and untick everything. its kind of junk unless u are using
them to connect to the net

!