recently someone sent me a link with the text
rofl is that you?

and in the link it had my email address

so curious as i was i clicked on it and now
it auto mass sends this message to everyone on my msn list

i have tried uninstalling reinstalling
tried different versions of msn

and even different systems eg msn under linux
the same problem still occurs. only at random times

any help ???

Yes, I've got friends going down with this worm too. Looks new. No apparent
fix yet unless you can roll your system back to a savepoint.

Lets hope MS or Semantec or someone has a fix soon...

TheSquire

"Jason Nguyen" wrote:

> recently someone sent me a link with the text
> rofl is that you?
>
> and in the link it had my email address
>
> so curious as i was i clicked on it and now
> it auto mass sends this message to everyone on my msn list
>
> i have tried uninstalling reinstalling
> tried different versions of msn
>
> and even different systems eg msn under linux
> the same problem still occurs. only at random times
>
> any help ???

Greetings Jason,

Sounds like another version of the Kelvir worm. Although I don't see this "rofl" string in
any of the recent versions. You might try the removal tool anyway as it might remove it if
no drastic change has been made to the worm:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kelvir.removal.tool.html
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jason Nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> recently someone sent me a link with the text
> rofl is that you?
>
> and in the link it had my email address
>
> so curious as i was i clicked on it and now
> it auto mass sends this message to everyone on my msn list
>
> i have tried uninstalling reinstalling
> tried different versions of msn
>
> and even different systems eg msn under linux
> the same problem still occurs. only at random times
>
> any help ???

TRENDING THREADS