Can someone help me find my hard drive

G

Hello,
I am using windows 7 a fresh install I have a 500gb seagate drive that is installed corectly however after a while it will no longer show up when i need to go to it when I reboot it is there but then it goes away again. has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for any help.

G

Thank you for replying. I have changed the cables, and the sata port that it is pluged into. I have yet to try to update the Bios, this drive worked fine on my last install of win 7 I just changed to Ultimate last week and now im having this issue.

No back to flashing the Bios I know this probably needs done however I have not flashed a bios since 2003 and I am not exactly sure what the best way to do it now is? If you have some tips on that I would be greatful.

RobBosman

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
As asked before, is de hdd an add on hdd?

Is it shown in the BIOS but not in Win7 or in neither of those?
When I build my pc I first put the hdd in it that I wanted to use as my system-drive and installed Win7 Ultimate on it. That HDD was found automatically by both Win7 and BIOS. The additional hdd's were just found by the BIOS and had to be configured manually in Win7.

arjunp2085

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
Thank you for replying. I have changed the cables, and the sata port that it is pluged into. I have yet to try to update the Bios, this drive worked fine on my last install of win 7 I just changed to Ultimate last week and now im having this issue.

No back to flashing the Bios I know this probably needs done however I have not flashed a bios since 2003 and I am not exactly sure what the best way to do it now is? If you have some tips on that I would be greatful.

Bios can be done very easily now that all the bios tools support windows 7 in the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions.. check out the mainboard vendoes page..

Check in the computer management

start---> run ----> compmgmt.msc

if the hdd is detected you would just have to assign it the drive letter. that is a possibility ... drive present but not assigned a drive letter