Has anyone noticed that links in the latest Windows Messenger are no longer
clickable? You now have to highlight on the link, can someone forward this to
the Windows Messenger team?

Greetings Dan,

Apparently this is a new "security feature" and by design.

And yes, I think it's lame to.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> Greetings Dan,
>
> Apparently this is a new "security feature" and by design.
>
> And yes, I think it's lame to.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> Kay.
>
> "Dan~" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone noticed that links in the latest Windows
> Messenger are no longer
> > clickable? You now have to highlight on the link, can
> someone forward this to
> > the Windows Messenger team?

funny...i searched for "links" and it came back with nothing....

anyway.... i see this is here to stay...
whats the solution? reinstalling an older version? or is that not an
option?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Clickable-Links-ftopict373215.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1732426

"md2602" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> funny...i searched for "links" and it came back with nothing....
>
> anyway.... i see this is here to stay...
> whats the solution? reinstalling an older version? or is that not an
> option?

That's an option, depending on what functionality you want.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> "md2602" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > funny...i searched for "links" and it came back with
> nothing....
> >
> > anyway.... i see this is here to stay...
> > whats the solution? reinstalling an older version? or is
> that not an
> > option?
>
> That's an option, depending on what functionality you want.
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> Kay.

i just looked at whats been changed and decided i dont need any of
it...

heres a link if anyones interested.....
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899283

and heres the newest old version i could find....
http://www.download.com/Windows-Messenger-XP-/3000-2150_4-10148261.html

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Clickable-Links-ftopict373215.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1735746

"Dan~" wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that links in the latest Windows Messenger
> are no longer
> clickable? You now have to highlight on the link, can someone
> forward this to
> the Windows Messenger team?

Drop me a email i can help you

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Clickable-Links-ftopict373215.html