Where to get emoticons for MSN Messenger 6.2 without spy/a..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.software,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I would like to add a bunch of emoticons to MSN messenger 6.2 but but so far
only found web sites with 10,000 emoticons within a file being an executable
which is going to install some "hotbar", adware and/or spyware.
Apparently these files claim to be "convenient" as to install the emoticons
for you but I will not accept the intrusive adware garbage...I will install
them the longer, manual way.

I will not download an executable file ( even if the site claims to
"uninstall the adware later").. Only the images.

I do not want 10,000 icons nor their ad/spy ware. A few dozen at best would
suit me. If there should be a graphic site with many to choose from and I
can save the desired icons, I would be most satisfied...

Can anybody suggest a source please ?
3 answers Last reply
More about where emoticons messenger
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.software,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Found a bunch.

    im set now... :)

    Greetings Brad,

    Well, I don't even believe MSN Messenger 6.x will support 10,000 custom emoticons (using it's
    built-in emoticon manager) without dying.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Brad" <none@invalid.com> wrote in message news:NvThe.1362355$8l.742193@pd7tw1no...

    > Found a bunch.
    >
    > im set now... :)

    ah... I use smileycentral that gives me spyware... but the emoticons are so
    neat that this is the ONLY spyware I allow on purpose.... lol
    My girlfreind loves them, so whats a little spyware after all?? lol

    PS: I have some troubles using smiley central with MSN 7 (latest version)

    > Greetings Brad,
    >
    > Well, I don't even believe MSN Messenger 6.x will support 10,000 custom
    > emoticons (using it's built-in emoticon manager) without dying.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Brad" <none@invalid.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Found a bunch.