Hotmail doesn't send mails

I cannot send e-mails from Hotmail. I also have the RTF Editor activated but
the menu bar is not displayed. The signature is in the text window but not
as it used to be (just the name), but as follows:
color=#3300cc size=3>Begoña</FONT></EM></STRONG></DIV></html>
Unquote
This is happening since the last two days. I have problems with a Trojan I
am trying to get rid of. The other day I downloaded TrojanHunter and deleted
(or I think I did) 4 trojans. I enclose the scan report:
Found trojan file: C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OHY7O1YR\powerscan[1].exe
(Adware.IST-PowerScan.104)
Found trojan file: C:\Program Files\MGI\MGI PhotoSuite
II\System\Randomize.dll (Ralpha.100)
Found trojan file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dsmanager.dll
(Adware.AvenueMedia.Dyfuca.109)
Found trojan file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msn7.exe (Rbot.254)
4 trojan files found
Unquote
I have hotmail synchronized with Microsoft Outlook Express but Hotmail is
the default mail. At the end of April I had to reinstall Windows, and this
was working well either through Hotmail or Outlook Express and also after
reinstalling Windows. It is since the last two days that I noticed the menu
bar for RTF Editor had disappeared and was not able to send e-mails. I can
send e-mails through Outlook Express.
I normally access my Hotmail account through the MSN Messenger window.
Can you help, please?
I have tried to send this message to Hotmail Support but it doesn't work it
says: Error code 31001. So I had to try the Newsgroups.
Please, HELP!!!!

I have been having the same problem and when i tried to email hotmail or
msn i got the " Error Code: 31001
' but i don't have a virus or trojan. Msn needs to post this and be
aware of it.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Yesterday I tried again but I saw I didn't have the menu bar and that meant
that I couldn't send e-mails either, so I closed Internet Explorer. While
working on the PC, Internet Explorer opened itself in the "Compose" page of
Hotmail and I had the menu bar and my signature was as it can be seen
normally (not with the codes). I tried to send an e-mail and it worked.

From there on everything seems normal now. Today is also working. So I don't
really know what happened. I thought I had deleted some file with the
TrojanHunter software but I suppose that was not the case.

Perhaps some Hotmail maintenance?

Hope your problem was solved too.

"PCDaddy" wrote:

> I have been having the same problem and when i tried to email hotmail or
> msn i got the " Error Code: 31001
> ' but i don't have a virus or trojan. Msn needs to post this and be
> aware of it.
>

> --
> PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Jonathan

It's not a very good sign virus-wise if internet explorer opens itself to
your email account. As a security measure, Hotmail does not store cookies
that allow you to be automatically signed in after all internet explorer
windows close. This means that a seperate program signed you in and brought
you to that screen. I would re-check my computer of any viruses if I were you.

"Begoña" wrote:

> Yesterday I tried again but I saw I didn't have the menu bar and that meant
> that I couldn't send e-mails either, so I closed Internet Explorer. While
> working on the PC, Internet Explorer opened itself in the "Compose" page of
> Hotmail and I had the menu bar and my signature was as it can be seen
> normally (not with the codes). I tried to send an e-mail and it worked.
>
> From there on everything seems normal now. Today is also working. So I don't
> really know what happened. I thought I had deleted some file with the
> TrojanHunter software but I suppose that was not the case.
>
> Perhaps some Hotmail maintenance?
>
> Hope your problem was solved too.
>
> "PCDaddy" wrote:
>

> > I have been having the same problem and when i tried to email hotmail or
> > msn i got the " Error Code: 31001
> > ' but i don't have a virus or trojan. Msn needs to post this and be
> > aware of it.
> >

> > --
> > PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

I have scanned the computer with several virus, spyware software that I have,
so hopefully everything will be fine now.

I have also noticed lately with Hotmail that when you get an e-mail with an
attachment and after you forward it to somebody else, they get the e-mail
forwarded but not the attachment that came with it.

Do you know why?

Thank you.