Winks to add woes :S

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

Am really interested in how I can use a 3rd party WINK that was sent to me.
I know that our 15 default WINKs are stored in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN
Messenger\<serialno>\Winks3

But where do friends WINKs get stored? and is it possible to use theirs as
well?

Just like we are able to ADD/store CustomEmoticons...
1 answer Last reply
More about winks woes
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

    Greetings Kevin,

    Well firstly Winks require to be digitally signed in order for them to work. Secondly, they
    do go in that folder, but the map.dat needs to be updated (which is encrypted).

    So basically, you can't. Winks3 is the correct folder however.
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    Associate Expert

    "Kevin C." <kevingpo@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Am really interested in how I can use a 3rd party WINK that was sent to me. I know that our
    > 15 default WINKs are stored in:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN
    > Messenger\<serialno>\Winks3
    >
    > But where do friends WINKs get stored? and is it possible to use theirs as well?
    >
    > Just like we are able to ADD/store CustomEmoticons...

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP