Server Question

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
isn't there. Do it
have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if so
do I have 2 lvl up again?

Terri

More about server question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

    "Terri" <teresam@midmaine.com> wrote in message
    > I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
    > isn't there. Do it
    > have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if so
    > do I have 2 lvl up again?
    >
    > Terri

    If your character on Gaheris is 50, then you will be able to create at least
    a level 20 on another server using the /level option. Some servers, at
    least the last time I looked, gave you the option of /leveling to 30, but
    those are limited servers and realms. Beyond that, yes, you will have to
    finish the leveling grind to get to 50 again. No, you cannot transfer to
    another server, except for Test, which is an entirely different beast to
    begin with.

    --
    Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry
    Meadhros GwirBryd, Mercenary of Chivalry

    Hi,

    Actually, there is another somewhat expense option. You can transfer up
    to four toons to a different account for $40. You would have to create a
    second account to do it, so if you are doing ToA, for example, it would be
    the cost of a ToA code, since the two accounts have to be the same
    expansion level. So, that's another $20. Of course, it depends on your
    financial situation, and if you want to give up playing co-op.

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Scott wrote:

    > "Terri" <teresam@midmaine.com> wrote in message
    >> I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
    >> isn't there. Do it
    >> have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if so
    >> do I have 2 lvl up again?
    >>
    >> Terri
    >>

    > If your character on Gaheris is 50, then you will be able to create at least
    > a level 20 on another server using the /level option. Some servers, at
    > least the last time I looked, gave you the option of /leveling to 30, but
    > those are limited servers and realms. Beyond that, yes, you will have to
    > finish the leveling grind to get to 50 again. No, you cannot transfer to
    > another server, except for Test, which is an entirely different beast to
    > begin with.
    >
    > --
    > Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry
    > Meadhros GwirBryd, Mercenary of Chivalry
    > Talaesin CerddBryd, Minstrel of Chivalry

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

    ok 20 is better then starting over :) thank you scott!

    Terri
    "Scott" <user@modernceltNOSPAM.org> wrote in message
    > "Terri" <teresam@midmaine.com> wrote in message
    >> I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
    >> isn't there. Do it
    >> have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if
    >> so
    >> do I have 2 lvl up again?
    >>
    >> Terri
    >>

    > If your character on Gaheris is 50, then you will be able to create at
    > least
    > a level 20 on another server using the /level option. Some servers, at
    > least the last time I looked, gave you the option of /leveling to 30, but
    > those are limited servers and realms. Beyond that, yes, you will have to
    > finish the leveling grind to get to 50 again. No, you cannot transfer to
    > another server, except for Test, which is an entirely different beast to
    > begin with.
    >
    > --
    > Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry
    > Meadhros GwirBryd, Mercenary of Chivalry
    > Talaesin CerddBryd, Minstrel of Chivalry

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

    Terri wrote:
    > I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
    > isn't there. Do it
    > have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if so
    > do I have 2 lvl up again?

    I hear that some PvE-people copy their characters to Pendragon (test
    server)for their RvR fix. As an added bonus you get free respecs there.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

    "David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Actually, there is another somewhat expense option. You can
    transfer up
    > to four toons to a different account for $40. You would have to
    create a
    > second account to do it, so if you are doing ToA, for example, it
    would be
    > the cost of a ToA code, since the two accounts have to be the same
    > expansion level. So, that's another $20. Of course, it depends on
    your
    > financial situation, and if you want to give up playing co-op.

    That wouldn't help. The characters would still be on Gaheris even if
    they were under a different login. There is no way to move characters
    from one live server to another live server... the only move/copy
    options there have ever been are copies to Pendragon, and moved from
    Andred to Mordred when they closed Andred.

    /level, or buying somone else's account, are pretty much your only
    options for starting higher than level 1 on a new server.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

    Hi,

    I will take your word for it. I've never tried it. I just knew it was an
    option to move accounts.

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Gabriel wrote:

    > "David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Actually, there is another somewhat expense option. You can
    > transfer up
    >> to four toons to a different account for $40. You would have to
    > create a
    >> second account to do it, so if you are doing ToA, for example, it
    > would be
    >> the cost of a ToA code, since the two accounts have to be the same
    >> expansion level. So, that's another $20. Of course, it depends on
    > your
    >> financial situation, and if you want to give up playing co-op.
    >
    > That wouldn't help. The characters would still be on Gaheris even if
    > they were under a different login. There is no way to move characters
    > from one live server to another live server... the only move/copy
    > options there have ever been are copies to Pendragon, and moved from
    > Andred to Mordred when they closed Andred.
    >
    > /level, or buying somone else's account, are pretty much your only
    > options for starting higher than level 1 on a new server.

Games Servers Video Games