Server Question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 13, 2004 1:09:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
isn't there. Do it
have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if so
do I have 2 lvl up again?

Terri

More about : server question

October 13, 2004 2:19:12 PM

"Terri" <teresam@midmaine.com> wrote in message
> I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
> isn't there. Do it
> have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if so
> do I have 2 lvl up again?
>
> Terri

If your character on Gaheris is 50, then you will be able to create at least
a level 20 on another server using the /level option. Some servers, at
least the last time I looked, gave you the option of /leveling to 30, but
those are limited servers and realms. Beyond that, yes, you will have to
finish the leveling grind to get to 50 again. No, you cannot transfer to
another server, except for Test, which is an entirely different beast to
begin with.

--
Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry
Meadhros GwirBryd, Mercenary of Chivalry

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Hi,

Actually, there is another somewhat expense option. You can transfer up
to four toons to a different account for $40. You would have to create a
second account to do it, so if you are doing ToA, for example, it would be
the cost of a ToA code, since the two accounts have to be the same
expansion level. So, that's another $20. Of course, it depends on your
financial situation, and if you want to give up playing co-op.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Scott wrote:

> "Terri" <teresam@midmaine.com> wrote in message
>> I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
>> isn't there. Do it
>> have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if so
>> do I have 2 lvl up again?
>>
>> Terri
>>

> If your character on Gaheris is 50, then you will be able to create at least
> a level 20 on another server using the /level option. Some servers, at
> least the last time I looked, gave you the option of /leveling to 30, but
> those are limited servers and realms. Beyond that, yes, you will have to
> finish the leveling grind to get to 50 again. No, you cannot transfer to
> another server, except for Test, which is an entirely different beast to
> begin with.
>
> --
> Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry
> Meadhros GwirBryd, Mercenary of Chivalry
> Talaesin CerddBryd, Minstrel of Chivalry

Related resources
October 13, 2004 2:34:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

ok 20 is better then starting over :)  thank you scott!

Terri
"Scott" <user@modernceltNOSPAM.org> wrote in message
> "Terri" <teresam@midmaine.com> wrote in message
>> I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
>> isn't there. Do it
>> have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if
>> so
>> do I have 2 lvl up again?
>>
>> Terri
>>

> If your character on Gaheris is 50, then you will be able to create at
> least
> a level 20 on another server using the /level option. Some servers, at
> least the last time I looked, gave you the option of /leveling to 30, but
> those are limited servers and realms. Beyond that, yes, you will have to
> finish the leveling grind to get to 50 again. No, you cannot transfer to
> another server, except for Test, which is an entirely different beast to
> begin with.
>
> --
> Finduilas MawrBryd, Paladin of Chivalry
> Meadhros GwirBryd, Mercenary of Chivalry
> Talaesin CerddBryd, Minstrel of Chivalry

October 13, 2004 10:04:10 PM

Terri wrote:
> I started on a co-op server and wanted to check out PvP, but my character
> isn't there. Do it
> have 2 create a new 1? I can't just transfer my character to that 1? if so
> do I have 2 lvl up again?

I hear that some PvE-people copy their characters to Pendragon (test
server)for their RvR fix. As an added bonus you get free respecs there.
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 7:37:46 AM

"David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
news:p ine.A41.4.61a.0410130939380.130414@homer08.u.washington.edu...
> Hi,
>
> Actually, there is another somewhat expense option. You can
transfer up
> to four toons to a different account for $40. You would have to
create a
> second account to do it, so if you are doing ToA, for example, it
would be
> the cost of a ToA code, since the two accounts have to be the same
> expansion level. So, that's another $20. Of course, it depends on
your
> financial situation, and if you want to give up playing co-op.

That wouldn't help. The characters would still be on Gaheris even if
they were under a different login. There is no way to move characters
from one live server to another live server... the only move/copy
options there have ever been are copies to Pendragon, and moved from
Andred to Mordred when they closed Andred.

/level, or buying somone else's account, are pretty much your only
options for starting higher than level 1 on a new server.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 1:57:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Hi,

I will take your word for it. I've never tried it. I just knew it was an
option to move accounts.

!