Voicemail & IN Network

I know this subject has been beaten to death around here, but
according to my February billing statement, "...beginning with your
April 2004 billing statement..." voicemail retrieval will no longer be
classified as "IN Network".

I took this to mean that the change would be applied beginning with
calls appearing on my April 2004 billing statement. Well, I've got my
April billing statement, and all VM retrieval calls WERE classified as
"IN Network".

Did I misinterpret the effective date of this change? Is the change
supposed to apply to VM retrieval calls made AFTER my April 2004
billing statement date?
8 answers Last reply
More about voicemail network

    "Michael Quinlan" <my02explorer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I know this subject has been beaten to death around here, but
    > according to my February billing statement, "...beginning with your
    > April 2004 billing statement..." voicemail retrieval will no longer be
    > classified as "IN Network".
    >
    > I took this to mean that the change would be applied beginning with
    > calls appearing on my April 2004 billing statement. Well, I've got my
    > April billing statement, and all VM retrieval calls WERE classified as
    > "IN Network".
    >
    > Did I misinterpret the effective date of this change? Is the change
    > supposed to apply to VM retrieval calls made AFTER my April 2004
    > billing statement date?

    Michael, my billing cycle is from the 5th of March through the 4th of April.
    So, the bill I received from VerizonWireless in April contains mostly calls
    from March. The several calls that I made for mailbox retreival during
    March are classified as "MR" or "MNR", thus being charged to my In-Network
    minutes. The one mailbox call that I made between April 1st and April 4th
    was classified as "R", thus being charged to my anytime allowance minutes.
    So, I'm assuming that their "April 2004 billing statement" means calls made
    during April. Just a guess based upon my current bill.

    Harold

    "Harold Sherrill" <hlsherrill@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<TLvec.6971$FA5.3448@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>...

    > Michael, my billing cycle is from the 5th of March through the 4th of April.
    > So, the bill I received from VerizonWireless in April contains mostly calls
    > from March. The several calls that I made for mailbox retreival during
    > March are classified as "MR" or "MNR", thus being charged to my In-Network
    > minutes. The one mailbox call that I made between April 1st and April 4th
    > was classified as "R", thus being charged to my anytime allowance minutes.
    > So, I'm assuming that their "April 2004 billing statement" means calls made
    > during April. Just a guess based upon my current bill.

    I had one VM Retrieval call in April that was classified as "RA", but
    it was made with *86 for some reason, so I can't really tell if there
    was a change or not. Other VM Retrieval calls in April were
    classified as either "RMN" or "RMW".

    The next statement should be a better indicator.

    On the Verizon Network if you have M2M in your plan.. Try an old trick.
    Try dailing your own number from you mobile phone. You should hear your
    own voice. Hit * or# and enter your code to retrive your message. If it
    works, save your number in speed dial number 1 in your cell phone. Try
    it for a month, your minute usage should come out of your National -In
    Network mobile 2 mobile mins. That use to work, if it doesn`t anymore
    then it will come out of your reg min anyway.

    --
    Wireless Guy

    The Cellphone Guy..
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t116856.html

    "Wireless Guy" <Wireless.Guy.14n133@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    message news:Wireless.Guy.14n133@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

    > On the Verizon Network if you have M2M in your plan.. Try an old trick.
    > Try dailing your own number from you mobile phone. You should hear your
    > own voice. Hit * or# and enter your code to retrive your message. If it
    > works, save your number in speed dial number 1 in your cell phone. Try
    > it for a month, your minute usage should come out of your National -In
    > Network mobile 2 mobile mins. That use to work, if it doesn`t anymore
    > then it will come out of your reg min anyway.

    [snip]

    In the Houston area, since April 1st, it comes out of the regular minute
    bucket (peak/off peak) instead of the In-Network bucket. Prior to April
    1st, either *86 or dialing your own cell number came out of the M2M bucket.

    Harold

    Thanks Harold, But to be on the safe side try the dailing your number
    trick in case you are traveling and the *86 code does not give you in
    network usage.

    --

    SmartyPants <aipeasr@hot(remove_this)mail.com> wrote:
    >> Thanks Harold, But to be on the safe side try the dailing your number
    >> trick in case you are traveling and the *86 code does not give you in
    >> network usage.
    >
    > They are on to us. I always dial my own number. It is saved in speed dial
    > along with the area code and PIN for when I travel. It does not save peak
    > minutes in the NYC area anymore. :(

    Which shouldn't surprise anyone who actually reads their bills, as VZW said
    a month ago (or more) that this change was going to take effect.

    > Thanks Harold, But to be on the safe side try the dailing your number
    > trick in case you are traveling and the *86 code does not give you in
    > network usage.

    They are on to us. I always dial my own number. It is saved in speed dial
    along with the area code and PIN for when I travel. It does not save peak
    minutes in the NYC area anymore. :(

    reply address bot resistant and human safe

    In article <mc2dnScEz_MKwuDdRVn-hg@lmi.net>,
    Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
    >SmartyPants <aipeasr@hot(remove_this)mail.com> wrote:
    >>> Thanks Harold, But to be on the safe side try the dailing your number
    >>> trick in case you are traveling and the *86 code does not give you in
    >>> network usage.
    >>
    >> They are on to us. I always dial my own number. It is saved in speed dial
    >> along with the area code and PIN for when I travel. It does not save peak
    >> minutes in the NYC area anymore. :(
    >
    >Which shouldn't surprise anyone who actually reads their bills, as VZW said
    >a month ago (or more) that this change was going to take effect.

    They now trap calls from your phone to its own number. They already
    knew this; this is why you went to VM in retrieval mode in this case,
    not message deposit mode. Now, suppose you dial your phone from another
    VZW phone, let the call go to (your) VM, and hit # to go to retrieval
    mode. Will that be M2M (for the calling phone)? Just leaving a message
    on your VM would be? Seems most useful between family plan phones,
    but as long as the call would normally be M2M, it would work?

Verizon Internet Service Providers