tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
downloading it right now, 1 hour....do the textures work in css if they were used in the map or just hl2? i hope my geforce 6800(128mb) card can handle the textures.

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
YO TenaciousleyDead

only hl2 i believe , you may be straining with a 128 good luck,
i cant seem to get it to work i tryed downloading steame and follow the readme file but i cant find the SourceMods/ dir. i got the steamapps dir.
but its almost empty anyway i put the 2 folders in there still nothing and now HL2 doesnt start :(
doh

let me know how you go

##########################
Copy the "FAKEFACTORY_Cinematic" and the "fakefactory_cinematic_german"
(inside "1. MOD Directory") folder to your <path to SteamApps>/SourceMods/
folder and overwrite all previous files..

2. Install the XVID-Codec, if not allready installed (no restart required)

Restart Steam, Start a new game, choose "Third Party Games -> FAKEFACTORY
Cinematic Mod" and enjoy a new Half-Life 2 Singleplayer experience.

First Run will take significant longer, because the source-engine builds the
audio-cache files.
############################

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
well i got it to work but it hangs everytime i try to switch out of 1024x768 res dosent freze my comp just stops responding i havent played it at all except for like 3 secs so i will later i do notice a little bit of lag but just a spike every 3 secs (harddrive). go to vale folder then steam, click on steamapps then there should be a folder called sourcemods, put both of the folders in there then restart steam try it again.

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
YO TenaciousleyDead

thanks but i just found out i deleted hl2 off my pc doh :?
ill wait till i upgrade soon
cause i want to splite up my raid drives and i have to reinstall everthing again anyway

G

I installed it yesterday with all updates. .16 .17 then .18

First attempt it crashed when changing resolution. Second attemp worked. With glitches and lags however. The trouble starts when you get teleported in the beginning...VERY ugly artefacts. (Well code all over the screen actually) And then CTD.

Only solution here: uninstall as quickly as possible. I'ts just awful. And in the first place: HAND's OFF!

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
well it dosent really matter if you uninstall it unless you want the space because its just a mod, and hmm thats strange that you get artifacts i had absolutly no artifacts. hmmm whatever. Peace.

TRENDING THREADS