Xanth

Hello all,
I want to get a notebook but don't need to have the fastest and largest and
saw dell has an outlet center to order refurbished notebooks. (would like a
inspiron 6000 with real Pentium chip)

How often do them update the site for new inventory?

Is there a list to be put on when a system matches some of my needs I will
be notified or is it 1st come 1st server?

Thanks,

Dave-

Dave,

They update all the time. Sometimes every 15 minutes. There's no 'sign
up'; you just have to keep looking. Took me 3 weeks to find the right
I9300.

On the other hand, I got a heck of a deal on two I6000 last week from
Home/Home office.

Tom
"Xanth" <xanth269@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I want to get a notebook but don't need to have the fastest and largest
> and saw dell has an outlet center to order refurbished notebooks. (would
> like a inspiron 6000 with real Pentium chip)
>
> How often do them update the site for new inventory?
>
> Is there a list to be put on when a system matches some of my needs I will
> be notified or is it 1st come 1st server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave-

Paul

Splendid

The Dell Outlet isn't the deal it used to be. Problem is Dell runs so many
great promotions on new product that the outlet prices aren't that
attractive anymore. Generally speaking I'd rather order a new Dell product
to my exact specifications than weed through the Outlet systems trying to
save $50.

-- Paul

"Xanth" <xanth269@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I want to get a notebook but don't need to have the fastest and largest
> and saw dell has an outlet center to order refurbished notebooks. (would
> like a inspiron 6000 with real Pentium chip)
>
> How often do them update the site for new inventory?
>
> Is there a list to be put on when a system matches some of my needs I will
> be notified or is it 1st come 1st server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave-

Depends on how long you're willing to watch. I bought my Inspiron 9300 from
the outlet and could never find it new within $800. I just bought my
daughters Inspiron 6000s and they were new.

Tom
"Paul" <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> The Dell Outlet isn't the deal it used to be. Problem is Dell runs so
> many great promotions on new product that the outlet prices aren't that
> attractive anymore. Generally speaking I'd rather order a new Dell
> product to my exact specifications than weed through the Outlet systems
> trying to save $50.
>
> -- Paul
>

> "Xanth" <xanth269@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>> I want to get a notebook but don't need to have the fastest and largest
>> and saw dell has an outlet center to order refurbished notebooks. (would
>> like a inspiron 6000 with real Pentium chip)
>>
>> How often do them update the site for new inventory?
>>
>> Is there a list to be put on when a system matches some of my needs I
>> will be notified or is it 1st come 1st server?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dave-

OK, I have a questions about the 6000 as well. The outlet offers (sometimes)
the 6000 with a 128mb video card, however; I don't see this option when
ordering a new 6000. Is the 128 video card that much better?

Thanks

Kevin M
> Depends on how long you're willing to watch. I bought my Inspiron 9300
> from the outlet and could never find it new within $800. I just bought my
> daughters Inspiron 6000s and they were new.
>
> Tom
> "Paul" <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> The Dell Outlet isn't the deal it used to be. Problem is Dell runs so
>> many great promotions on new product that the outlet prices aren't that
>> attractive anymore. Generally speaking I'd rather order a new Dell
>> product to my exact specifications than weed through the Outlet systems
>> trying to save $50.
>>
>> -- Paul
>>

>> "Xanth" <xanth269@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello all,
>>> I want to get a notebook but don't need to have the fastest and largest
>>> and saw dell has an outlet center to order refurbished notebooks. (would
>>> like a inspiron 6000 with real Pentium chip)
>>>
>>> How often do them update the site for new inventory?
>>>
>>> Is there a list to be put on when a system matches some of my needs I
>>> will be notified or is it 1st come 1st server?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Dave-

When ordering new, the 128MB card is available as the 6000D (meaning a video
card instead of integrated video). I went integrated for the girls 6000 and
it seems pretty good.

Tom