Remote Assistance error with Messenger 7.0

ariel

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2002

Hi everyone,

I have a Messenger 7.0 installed in my XP Pro working fine.

For some reason, I cannot offer nor receive Remote Assistance via messenger.
The error I get is something about having an old version of messenger, but I
have the latest... !!!

Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks,

Ariel

Greetings Ariel,

MSN Messenger 7 cannot initiate Remote Assistance requests on its own, it requires Windows
Messenger to be installed also, which you can find here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a Messenger 7.0 installed in my XP Pro working fine.
>
> For some reason, I cannot offer nor receive Remote Assistance via messenger.
> The error I get is something about having an old version of messenger, but I
> have the latest... !!!
>
> Anyone can help me with this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ariel

ariel

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2002

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks a lot, it worked pefectly and solved my problem, but now, I´m having
a new one :)

When I accept the request for Remote Assistance in my messenger, it does not
happen anything !!!
I read that it could something to do with installing SP2 (not installed in
my notebook), but I can use Remote Assistance with no problems by mail
offers...

The SP2 does fix this problem? is there a hotfix that I could use instead of
installing SP2? or what else can be?

Thanks again,

Ariel