Remote Assistance error with Messenger 7.0

Hi everyone,

I have a Messenger 7.0 installed in my XP Pro working fine.

For some reason, I cannot offer nor receive Remote Assistance via messenger.
The error I get is something about having an old version of messenger, but I
have the latest... !!!

Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks,

Ariel
2 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance error messenger

    Greetings Ariel,

    MSN Messenger 7 cannot initiate Remote Assistance requests on its own, it requires Windows
    Messenger to be installed also, which you can find here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have a Messenger 7.0 installed in my XP Pro working fine.
    >
    > For some reason, I cannot offer nor receive Remote Assistance via messenger.
    > The error I get is something about having an old version of messenger, but I
    > have the latest... !!!
    >
    > Anyone can help me with this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ariel

    Hi Jonathan,

    Thanks a lot, it worked pefectly and solved my problem, but now, I´m having
    a new one :-)

    When I accept the request for Remote Assistance in my messenger, it does not
    happen anything !!!
    I read that it could something to do with installing SP2 (not installed in
    my notebook), but I can use Remote Assistance with no problems by mail
    offers...

    The SP2 does fix this problem? is there a hotfix that I could use instead of
    installing SP2? or what else can be?

    Thanks again,

    Ariel

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Ariel,
    >
    > MSN Messenger 7 cannot initiate Remote Assistance requests on its own, it requires Windows
    > Messenger to be installed also, which you can find here:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > I have a Messenger 7.0 installed in my XP Pro working fine.
    > >
    > > For some reason, I cannot offer nor receive Remote Assistance via messenger.
    > > The error I get is something about having an old version of messenger, but I
    > > have the latest... !!!
    > >
    > > Anyone can help me with this?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Ariel