Remote user on the same PC

I read somewhere that I can use fullduplex communication in the same PC with
Messenger (as if I talk accross the Internet with a remote user).

Can someone elaborate the conditions to do it (O/S, Messneger Version, etc)?

Is ther also some guide how to do it?
Can this be achieved under Win2000?

Thanks in advance

I. lesher

Greetings,

I'm not sure if I understand -- you want to use an audio conversation with someone on the
same PC? Do you mean through Terminal Services?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Vinter" <vinter@cortex.com> wrote in message news:Ol4c8srXFHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I read somewhere that I can use fullduplex communication in the same PC with
> Messenger (as if I talk accross the Internet with a remote user).
>
> Can someone elaborate the conditions to do it (O/S, Messneger Version, etc)?
>
> Is ther also some guide how to do it?
> Can this be achieved under Win2000?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> I. lesher

thanks,
> I'm not sure if I understand -- you want to use an audio conversation with
someone on the
> same PC? Do you mean through Terminal Services?

I'd like to do it without Terminal Services if it's possible. If its not,
can you say what kind of sesion does work? is it text sesion?

Thanks

Vinter

Vinter - news:Ol4c8srXFHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl :

> I read somewhere that I can use fullduplex communication in the same
> PC with Messenger (as if I talk accross the Internet with a remote
> user).

Yes, you can do that with Windows Messenger (which only exists under Win
2000 and XP) and/or MSN Messenger.

> Can someone elaborate the conditions to do it (O/S, Messneger
> Version, etc)?

I guess it works with every version of Windows, but I never tried it in
Windows 9x/ME.
Only MSN Messenger can be used under Windows 9x/ME, of course.

> Is ther also some guide how to do it?

It's really simple, actually.
Create two .Net Passport accounts.
In Win 2000/XP, you can load Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger
simultaneously. So, just sign in in each of them using Passport account n°1
in Windows Messenger and Passport account n°2 in MSN Messenger; then, add
Passport account n°1 as a new contact in MSN Messenger, and Passport account
n°2 as a new contact in Windows Messenger.
Invite the new contact to a voice conversation.

In Windows 9x/ME, you have to use MSN Messenger and a third-party utility to
load two instances of it, like Jnrzloader for example:
http://www.jnrzsystems.tk/
Then, same method than above for the voice conversation.

Using MSN Messenger plus Jnrzloader (or Windows Messenger plus Jnrzloader)
in Win 2000/XP is possible, too.

It's even possible to load multiple instances of MSN Messenger and/or Win
Messenger and have multiple voice conversations established on the same PC,
between MSN Messenger and Win Messenger, and/or between MSN Messenger and
MSN Messenger, and/or between Win Messenger and Win Messenger, every
combination works .
Of course, you need a lot of .Net Passport accounts to do that.

Thanks

> load two instances of it, like Jnrzloader for example:
> http://www.jnrzsystems.tk/
>
> It's even possible to load multiple instances of MSN Messenger and/or Win
> Messenger and have multiple voice conversations established on the same
PC,
> between MSN Messenger and Win Messenger, and/or between MSN Messenger and
> MSN Messenger, and/or between Win Messenger and Win Messenger, every
> combination works .
> Of course, you need a lot of .Net Passport accounts to do that.

Regarding working with 2 acounts running both Win Messenger, does this
demands Jnrzloader or not?

Thnaks again.

Vinter

Vinter - news:OozLWj1XFHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl :

>> load two instances of it, like Jnrzloader for example:
>> http://www.jnrzsystems.tk/
>>
>> It's even possible to load multiple instances of MSN Messenger
>> and/or Win Messenger and have multiple voice conversations
>> established on the same PC, between MSN Messenger and Win Messenger,
>> and/or between MSN Messenger and MSN Messenger, and/or between Win
>> Messenger and Win Messenger, every combination works .
>> Of course, you need a lot of .Net Passport accounts to do that.
>
> Regarding working with 2 acounts running both Win Messenger, does this
> demands Jnrzloader or not?

Yes.