I will often sign in to Messenger on my office PC only to get a message at
some time during the day saying that I have been logged out as I have signed
in at a different location.

My home PC is on but I have not signed in to Messenger on it.

This is really annoying as messages are directed to the home PC instead of
the one at which I am working in the office!

Can anyone please explain why this happens, and how I can prevent it?

Thanks.

DG

"DG" wrote in message ...
> I will often sign in to Messenger on my office PC only to get a message at
> some time during the day saying that I have been logged out as I have
signed
> in at a different location.
>
> My home PC is on but I have not signed in to Messenger on it.
>
> This is really annoying as messages are directed to the home PC instead of
> the one at which I am working in the office!
>
> Can anyone please explain why this happens, and how I can prevent it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> DG

I also get this message on occasion, however, I am only using one PC, so I
can't possibly be signed on anywhere else, so I would also like to hear an
answer on this subject. (There are 2 machines connected through a router
and modem, but the other one is usually turned off when this occurs.)
--
Carey

Linda

I get the same problem. Seems after installing MSN messenger 7.0, the
windows messenger 5.1 is still on my computer; for that reason the "logged
out at a different location" because windows messenger logs in automatically
and I notice there are no icons showing the log in. How can I remove windows
messenger 5.1?
--
Linda

"Carey N." wrote:

> "DG" wrote in message ...
> > I will often sign in to Messenger on my office PC only to get a message at
> > some time during the day saying that I have been logged out as I have
> signed
> > in at a different location.
> >
> > My home PC is on but I have not signed in to Messenger on it.
> >
> > This is really annoying as messages are directed to the home PC instead of
> > the one at which I am working in the office!
> >
> > Can anyone please explain why this happens, and how I can prevent it?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > DG
> >

> I also get this message on occasion, however, I am only using one PC, so I
> can't possibly be signed on anywhere else, so I would also like to hear an
> answer on this subject. (There are 2 machines connected through a router
> and modem, but the other one is usually turned off when this occurs.)
> --
> Carey

Linda

read below, subject how do I get rid of windows messenger; I used the link
and I hope it will help remove this. very informative information.
--
Linda