Somebody stop me.......?

Timbo55

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2002
I'm about to purchase this exact setup (Asus A7V333 and XP 1800) but given this guys problems, now I'm not so sure. I don't know enough about it all to tell if this is just a "one-off" problem or not...

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?threadid=742605&catid=29

In the (learned) opinion of this group, has this person;

(a) got a "bad" board or chip
(b) got other "conflict" issues causing the problem
(b) got no idea how to set things up properly

Reason I ask is that I am ready to purchase and am just waiting for the A7V333 boards to arrive locally this week.

Maybe I should get MSI instead ? (only other board with the ports and things I want)

I always thought Asus was a good stable brand. What are your thoughts...

I wouldn't be scared off by one person's problems. As you pointed out, it could be almost anything. Your patience and experience is all that matters when working with a new mobo. Asus and abit both make good products, but customer service has declined with almost all the mobo makers in their rush to get new products out.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
You could sit tight for a while. I'm sure more people will be getting the board and will post their results. Then you would be more comfortable with you decision.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd suggest you to buy a A7V266-E preferably with RAID, it can work at higher speeds, and is pretty mature and wel tested. As for KT333, there isnt KT333A but a direct KT400, so I guess KT333 is just a small stepping stone rather than a commitment by purchasing it already.

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>