Why were clickable links removed?

I see that the ability to click on links was removed from the lastest
version of messenger (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899283). Is
there any way to restore this functionallity? Any details on why it
was removed? I am guessing "security", but since users will just cut
and paste the URL into a browser, I don't see how this helps...

- Carl
1 answer Last reply
More about clickable links removed

    Greetings Carl,

    I'm unsure yet whether this function can be restored, still working/trying to find out.

    You're right on the mark with "security" as the reason (although I agree that it's a very
    ridiculous security measure).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Carl" <cklemmer@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I see that the ability to click on links was removed from the lastest
    > version of messenger (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899283). Is
    > there any way to restore this functionallity? Any details on why it
    > was removed? I am guessing "security", but since users will just cut
    > and paste the URL into a browser, I don't see how this helps...
    >
    > - Carl

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP