Why were clickable links removed?

May 24, 2005 11:30:28 AM

I see that the ability to click on links was removed from the lastest
version of messenger (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899283). Is
there any way to restore this functionallity? Any details on why it
was removed? I am guessing "security", but since users will just cut
and paste the URL into a browser, I don't see how this helps...

- Carl
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 4:17:31 PM

Greetings Carl,

I'm unsure yet whether this function can be restored, still working/trying to find out.

You're right on the mark with "security" as the reason (although I agree that it's a very
ridiculous security measure).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!