Bad Video with Raedon 7200 and XP system

SmooveJD

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
I just upgraded my PC from an ABIT KT7-raid with a 1GHZ Thunderbird to an Iwill Xp333-r with an XP1800 processor. As soon as I boote the system up. I noticed some wierd video. First of all when I was editing the bios, I notice that there were some squair blocks randomly scattered on the screen . The second thing I noticed was that vertical lines were appearing on my screen when I was in windows 2K. I had no problem playing Unreal. All other applications seem to be working fine. Is there a compatabiltiy issue with the Raedon 7200 and the New XP system? Or does this sound like bad ram?, motherboard, or processor?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Actually, it's probably a bad card. Driver issues can't occur inside the BIOS setup.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
Artifacts in the video are usually an indication of a clocking problem and or driver issues.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SmooveJD

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
I looked up some info. I heard that all ATI boards need a patch to work with this new ALI chipset. Buteverytime I try to download the patch. The link sends me to a blank page that only says "NO OBJECT FOUND" . Here's the address...http://support.ati.com/drivers/win2k/win2k_r128_513013209_sp.html