Messenger Service Problems

May 25, 2005 1:20:57 AM

Being a new user to the Messenger service, allow myself to explain my
problem. First off I'm running XPHomeSP2 w/OE6.The XP came w/Windows
Messenger v4.+ in which I could never get it to work and that being, "verify
email ID". After two weeks of trying Windows Messenger (even the upgrade), I
totally removed it from my system. The following is how this was done:

http://www.computerlynx.net/remove_messenger.htm

To complete the total removal of Win Messenger, I used a registry program to
do this. Just a few days ago, downloaded the MSN Messenger v7.+ and
installed it with the same problem I had with WIN Messenger, "verify email
ID", and no where can I find that verification mail, even within hotmail. I
uninstalled/reinstalled MSN Messenger three times to no prevail....

Again, totally removed MSN Messenger with some frustration that I can't get
this program to work. Now, I just downloaded MSN Messenger.msi and have not
installed it as yet. So, just maybe the experts can assist myself in getting
this rascal up and running.....also, how do I remove my Windows Messenger
Account?

rON....

p.s. I'm running Norton A-V software
May 26, 2005 2:37:56 AM

Opps....now replying to myself, but sorta wondered if anyone is out here
viewing this post with any suggestions/ideas?

!