Messenger Service Problems

Being a new user to the Messenger service, allow myself to explain my
problem. First off I'm running XPHomeSP2 w/OE6.The XP came w/Windows
Messenger v4.+ in which I could never get it to work and that being, "verify
email ID". After two weeks of trying Windows Messenger (even the upgrade), I
totally removed it from my system. The following is how this was done:

http://www.computerlynx.net/remove_messenger.htm

To complete the total removal of Win Messenger, I used a registry program to
do this. Just a few days ago, downloaded the MSN Messenger v7.+ and
installed it with the same problem I had with WIN Messenger, "verify email
ID", and no where can I find that verification mail, even within hotmail. I
uninstalled/reinstalled MSN Messenger three times to no prevail....

Again, totally removed MSN Messenger with some frustration that I can't get
this program to work. Now, I just downloaded MSN Messenger.msi and have not
installed it as yet. So, just maybe the experts can assist myself in getting
this rascal up and running.....also, how do I remove my Windows Messenger
Account?

rON....

p.s. I'm running Norton A-V software
1 answer Last reply
More about messenger service problems

    Opps....now replying to myself, but sorta wondered if anyone is out here
    viewing this post with any suggestions/ideas?

    "rON" <army83@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Being a new user to the Messenger service, allow myself to explain my
    > problem. First off I'm running XPHomeSP2 w/OE6.The XP came w/Windows
    > Messenger v4.+ in which I could never get it to work and that being,
    > "verify
    > email ID". After two weeks of trying Windows Messenger (even the upgrade),
    > totally removed it from my system. The following is how this was done:
    >
    > http://www.computerlynx.net/remove_messenger.htm
    >
    > To complete the total removal of Win Messenger, I used a registry program
    > do this. Just a few days ago, downloaded the MSN Messenger v7.+ and
    > installed it with the same problem I had with WIN Messenger, "verify email
    > ID", and no where can I find that verification mail, even within hotmail.
    > uninstalled/reinstalled MSN Messenger three times to no prevail....
    >
    > Again, totally removed MSN Messenger with some frustration that I can't
    > get
    > this program to work. Now, I just downloaded MSN Messenger.msi and have
    > not
    > installed it as yet. So, just maybe the experts can assist myself in
    > getting
    > this rascal up and running.....also, how do I remove my Windows Messenger
    > Account?
    >
    > rON....
    >
    > p.s. I'm running Norton A-V software

Messenger MSN Messenger Windows XP