can't run remote assistance but I have sp2

Hi there,
I got the service patch 2 for XP, but when I tried to set up remote
assistance I get the "I need to upgrade". I already have messenger 7.0 so I
can't download it from the service pack I am not sure what to do. same with
withboard, etc... all the cool stuff.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance

    please try to www.msn.com to manual drive download the msn 7.0

    Greetings Alan,

    Remote Assistance requires the latest Windows Messenger to be installed (even if using the
    feature in MSN Messenger). You can grab it here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > I got the service patch 2 for XP, but when I tried to set up remote
    > assistance I get the "I need to upgrade". I already have messenger 7.0 so I
    > can't download it from the service pack I am not sure what to do. same with
    > withboard, etc... all the cool stuff.

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP